I've been living a life of isolation

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

PAguy
New member - welcome them!

I've been living a life of isolation

Post by PAguy »

I'm currently in a slump where I'm living in isolation from everyone else. It's been that way for 5 years. I can't figure out what jobs I can do for work, and generally feeling like a recluse. I don't have the energy to get out of the house on my own anymore. I think this might be due to my dyspraxic symptoms. I don't have any real useful social skills either, and I try too hard to figure out what I'm doing wrong and I feel lonely.

How can I help myself get back up again?
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: I've been living a life of isolation

Post by Tom fod »

Hello again

Sorry to hear you're feeling isolated and lonely.

Firstly did you have chance to consider my response to your post here and generate some ideas about where to start: http://www.dyspraxicadults.org.uk/forum ... 062#p29062 ?
If you want to share your thoughts here with us feel free to.

Its quite common for people to over analyse their perceived mistakes and become inactive due to indecision. Unless you try things, unfortunately you aren't going to know if they're possible. Dyspraxia can and does seem to make some things more difficult but there will be things you can excel at. You just need to try and identify what they are. You may find things and certain people are disagreeable but as long as you've done all you can, you can choose to see that as a sign to move on and try something else.

As for motivation, you know best what interests you and if you are struggling to leave your house it may be worth speaking to someone who can help.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Tomtom
Regular Poster

Re: I've been living a life of isolation

Post by Tomtom »

I agree with Tom, go out and try things, find something you enjoy, whatever it is there will be a club you can join where you can meet like- minded people, and don't over- analyse things. If you do, you'll find it harder to go out and you'll just shrink inside yourself more!