New with questions

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Hoppers
New member - welcome them!

New with questions

Post by Hoppers »

Hello,

I'll start with some background stuff. I have always been clumsy but thought it was just me being, well, clumsy. Last year however I was talking to someone about a new teacher I'd had a school and how she wasn't as good as the old one because she wasn't as patient. With the old one, she would have to explain things to me over and over again because as soon as she'd walk away, eveything she'd said to me left my head. Also that I'd stopped noticing myself walking into things as it happened so often, I'd only know when I found the bruises. This person asked if I'd ever been asked to do a learning difficulties test as she has dispraxia and lots of what i'd been saying sounded like her when she was younger. So I looked it up and was surprised at how many things that I did/quirks that I had were on there (like time management which I am Terrible with! and even difficulty with graphs etc). But I didn't do anything about it (I didn't think my parents would believe me if I said I thought I had dispraxia). I now have a job working in my old secondary school and recently my clumsiness has become more and more noticable and it reminded me of the converstaion. Nothing has changed, I still have all those problems.

So, long story short, I want to do something about it. I think I might have dispraxia but I don't know how to go about getting help or something. Because I'm in a school, there is a special needs coordinater but I'm not school age any more so I don't know if I should go to her, and even if I did, what to say?

I'd be really grateful for any advice :)

Sorry for such a long post! I waffle a lot :P