Blogging

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

GWhizz
Regular Poster

Blogging

Post by GWhizz »

Just wondering is anybody doing any blogging in here :-k :rolleyes: *looks around* I was inspired by a program aboutt blogs changing politics about a blog called dailykos and I thought I may do one, don't know what to put in it but I'm going to do one. I have a sort of web site blog http://gwhizz.stumbleupon.com it is sort of website of the day kind of thing
Last edited by GWhizz on Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you - Gandalf
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

I've kept one blog or another going for a while now. While I was away I kept a travel blog for friends and family and now I'm back I've given my personal blog a spring clean and am using that again. It's at:
http://thevillagescribe.blogspot.com/
and covers a rather erratic range of subjects that generally reflect the nature of my life in general, lol!

Keeping a blog going isn't easy. I'd had a couple of stabs at it and found I'd given up after a month before I finally got into the habit of blogging regularly - daily if I can muster the inspiration and enthusiasm. Speaking of which, GWhizz - what happened to Blogger blog you'd just set up? Are you going to go with the Stumble Upon site instead? (I like to pop by friends' blogs so it's good to know where to go! :D)

I'll happily link to anyone else's blog if they'd like; just ask!
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

I know that if I tried a topical blog meant to be read by people who didn't know me I'd end up described like this:

GWhizz
Regular Poster

Post by GWhizz »

My blogger blog is still going at http://davetothetyrrell.blogspot.com (name change?) and like yours daniel it will be a random mix of subjects, not feeling that confident, the stumbleblog is still going as well more for more webby stuff though I did post a few feelings on there and now i'm thinking why did I do that!! I'd like the link posted in your blog I have posted a link to yours on mine. It certainly isn't easy but i'm giving it a go, it's like what to write and can I be sure to trust the people who read it, I am a shy uneasy and sometimes a little untrusting and it can be a nervewracking
All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you - Gandalf
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

It can take a while to discover how your blog will turn out. Some do begin a blog with a certain aim or topic in mind whereas for many others such as myself it's much more of an organic process that can go through different experimental phases before finding its place.

The question of how personal to make it is a biggie. Do you slag off your good-for-nothing boss in your blog or stick to general thoughts on the meanderings of life? The former might call for a more anonymous blog than the latter!

Many bloggers don't see the process through or for whatever reason; lack of enthusiasm, too many commitments etc.; give it up at a certain stage. Having done this myself previously I've tried to commit myself to near daily blogging and spending a little time each day to find something to put on the blog. It matters not if it's compelling or top of the blogs; what's most important is that you're sharing your story, your view of things with the wider world. Whether anyone chooses to read it or not I think sharing you experiences of the day-to-day is something that's worth doing.
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

I be keeping my blog going nearly two years

I try and write something every day - or if not every week