Regular Poster

Post by rhyds »

Congrats boss!

Now jump in it and drive around feeling smug :D
Lukas
Getting settled in

You know you are dyspraxic when...

Post by Lukas »

Every time you leave your house, you go back to check if the door is shut because you can't remember whether you shut it properly ](*,)
You hit your head on the the cupboard you opened just 2 seconds ago...
You manage to trip over your own feet =D>
You knock over someones glass whenever the opportunity presents itself
You try to catch a ball and it somehow misses your hand and hits you right in the face :whistle:

Let me think of some more...
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

sorry Dan, didn't see your posting that you had passed, Cograts, and hope you enjoy the life in the fast lane!!

p.s. pull over so some can overtake, ok so they are the nutters that like to do 90mph in a 30 zone!!
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Especially when you see there's a police car parked up just around the next corner ;)

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I'm going to set off shortly to go gallivanting in the Yorkshire Dales :)

Dan.
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

saying that though dan, I was driving down the M11 the one night back in 1999/2000, the motorway was quiet going towards London, and seen this car behind me, looked again and he was right up close, and said to my friend look at this one go, not much further down the motorway, sort of around parallel with Chigwell, and we seen the double flash of the speed camera!!

he must have been hitting close on 120 mph, as he caught up with us like we were sitting stationary!! ok so I was only doing about 55 mph (engine idol speed) conserving fuel.

I think it was police in an unmarked BMW on their way to investigate who's turn it was to make the coffee!!

that was a nice citreon AX to drive, you could drive it from South Wales to London, and back in the same day, and the seats were so comfy that you would have sworn you had only driven the car to the shops!

the only problem I had with it was not much power for when you hit the climb uphill on the motorway by Bath, and not having a 5th gear, and the previous owners hadn't taken good car of the cars body work, but apart from those 3 faults, it was a great car to drive. and got from Bridgend to London, and back on £17.50 if not less. and that was at think it was 69.9p a litre

about the only thing cheaper would have been a push bike!!
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

You know you're dyspraxic when.......

... You put a bowl of porridge in the microwave for brekkie. Promptly forget about it. Return a little while later to find most of the porridge spread over the bottom of the microwave. You think 'no problem' and reheat the bit thats actually managed to remain in the bowl, then sit down and sprinke a half an oxo cube (rather than the sweetener powder stuff)on top of it. Doh.
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Porridge is clearly magic. There's no other possible explanation for its mystical expansive ways. The trick is to use a big enough bowl to contain the magic.
Lumic
Power poster

Post by Lumic »

you know when your dyspraxic when

walking the dogs at a traffic light waithing to cross the road full of cars stood still you fall over and people in the cars cheer happened the other day!!

yougotobuy birthday presents and end upin the same shop three different times in the sp[aceof half an hour as youforgot things.

oh and finally fall up the esculators and someone presses the button to stop the esculators and a member of the security staff asks if your drunk and its only half 9 in the morning

all happened to me this week!!!
my aviator reminds me not to do what i always do
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Argh that's quite a collection you've accumulated there this week!

You know you're dyspraxic when you go on a river walk in your hometown which you've done hundreds of times before. At one point I have to step over some thick iron chains that go across the path - something I've done each time without incident, only this time I fair thwack my knee on the chain. Ouch! I was limping the way home.

I've also managed to kick the similarly heavy and unforgiving base of my chair this week too amongst several other incidents with the furniture!
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

about the only thing I forgotten this week is while shopping last night, I forgotten sugar, and coffee, which is what I went shopping for in the first place. #-o I hate shopping!

but managed to remember everything else \:D/
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

i usually write a list before i go shopping, so i don't forget things. Only problem being that i usually forget to take the list! #-o
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

my usual problem, is unless the list is on my mobile, then I can find the list to take it with me, even though I had it 5 seconds previously!! #-o
SavV
Regular Poster

Post by SavV »

When.... although each and every time you get out of the car you do a "keys, phone, wallet" check, you still manage to lock the keys in the car... good thing I had left the window slightly open and was able to recover them with a piece of fencing wire...

Cheers,
SavV
Hang on..... this isn't my classroom...
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

I must say I'm worried about similar things when I'm driving now, as I've a terrible memory for that sort of thing, and if anything happens to divert my attention for a moment and I'm not concentrating on what I'm doing then it could easily end in disaster.
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

Had an interesting experience driving the other day.

Just came up a hill to a mini roundabout and headed left, up ahead I saw a child crossing the road, but it looked from the way she was glancing around more like a game of dare.

Thinking, 'there's always more than one' I slowed down - and sure enough, 4 more kids stood on the verge, one holding a large stick (actually it would be more accurate to describe it as a branch) I came to a stop (the car behind me was clearly wondering what i was doing.

One by one, they came to the realisation I was waiting *for them* and they crossed over.

I gave a wave to the car behind for being patient and then set off again.

All the way home, I though that could have been so much worse.

LJ Driver