Embarrassing Incidents In Public

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lucky Star
Getting settled in

Embarrassing Incidents In Public

Post by Lucky Star »

Today after me and my dad finished shopping, he decided to go into the barbers and I went in there too because I thought it would be nice to wait for him so we could go home together. Anyway it was really busy in the barbers so I knew we would be there for a long time and I wash peckish. So I tried to open a bag of jelly tots and it burst open. A jelly tot flew out and rolled by the feet of the other men who were waiting to get their hair cut. I felt so embarrassed as I picked up the jelly tot and threw it in the bin. They were all watching. I could feel my face go red with embarrassment. I wish I could have erased that part of the day. I wanted to scream out my frustration, but I somehow remained calm and quiet.

Has anything embarrassing ever happened to you in public and if so how did you cope with the embarrassing situation?
'Some people put me down,
Some people kick me around,
But believe me when I tell you
I'll be the one to rule this town.' - I'll Fly Higher by AcoustiMandoBrony
shadowgirl021
Regular Poster

Re: Embarrassing Incidents In Public

Post by shadowgirl021 »

A barwoman once came up to me and asked if I had been doing drugs after I asked to use her toilet as I banged into a table :blush:
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

Embarrassing incidents in public? Too many, most of which I wouldn't want to recall.
shadowgirl021 wrote:A barwoman once came up to me and asked if I had been doing drugs after I asked to use her toilet as I banged into a table :blush:
What an ignorant person. I think I may have pointed her out to her supervisor as offensively rude and have her taken up upon poor customer service. May teach her not to be so outwardly judgmental of people.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
maria
Regular Poster

Post by maria »

Some years back, I was in a Chinese takeaway with my sister and I sat down to wait while she went to give the order. And then I realised something...one of the ties on my anorak style jacket had somehow tied me to the chair. (you know, the loops they have at the bottom of the zip, never have figured out what they're there for). After vainly attempting to free myself, I was all set to try and wriggle out of my jacket when my sister returned and (being, fortunately, my non-dyspraxic sister and not my also dyspraxic sis) managed to untie it. And, even more luckily, the only people who noticed were a couple at the counter and tho they were highly amused they just smiled broadly and didn't draw any attention to us. I find it very funny now I look back, but it wasn't at the time! :blush:

Another time out shopping I got my purse caught in the buttons of my coat. I was lucky enough to have a pair of nail scissors in my handbag as I was on my own this time and would have been sooo embarrassed returning to work with the purse stuck like that! :blush: Maybe all dyspraxic people should always carry scissors with them... :D

I don't think these experiences are limited to dyspraxic people though. I remember a colleague coming in one morning and she was quite put out because she'd accidentally fallen on the bus and sat in a man's lap "And he wasn't in the least amused!" :D
shadowgirl021
Regular Poster

Post by shadowgirl021 »

As far as I remember, it was just her. She came from behind the bar to ask me, she stared at me to see if my pupils were dilated. I wish I had said something offence or outrageous back but just said no and walked away.
Lucky Star
Getting settled in

Post by Lucky Star »

I'm so glad I'm not alone with the embarrassment.

Another thing that happened in public was I walked into a lamp post. The weird thing about it was that this happened on Friday the 13th. And earlier that same day a car had crashed into that very same lamp post. Luckily for me, my dad was the only one who saw it happen.

Then there is me having a go at bowling. Let's just say if the barriers weren't up, my bowling ball would have rolled down someone else's lane. :blush:
'Some people put me down,
Some people kick me around,
But believe me when I tell you
I'll be the one to rule this town.' - I'll Fly Higher by AcoustiMandoBrony
Willr0490
Power poster

Post by Willr0490 »

Earlier today (Friday the 13th) I was returning home from a job interview when I tripped, lost my footing, and fell rather spectacularly in front of a hospital. #-o :lol:

And it was in full view of their car park as well!
Boo!
Getting settled in

Post by Boo! »

I fall down stairs often so I guess it's only a matter of time before I embarrass myself again. There are 2 times when I've fallen at the worst time.

I was involved in a car crash which was entirely the other woman's fault (she even admitted it at the scene). When she later disputed it I went to her house and confronted her. It was a heated argument between us then I tried to leave. I fell straight down her stairs and hurt my ankle and back and had to be helped to the car by my OH. The confrontation ended with me totally embarrassing myself and she probably had a laugh at my expense. At least the claim went against her though.

Another time I was selling my car and when the man came to collect it I fell down the steps in front of my house and bounced all the way down. He was really concerned but I pretended to be fine but really I was extremely embarrassed. 8-[
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

Willr0490 wrote:Earlier today (Friday the 13th) I was returning home from a job interview when I tripped, lost my footing, and fell rather spectacularly in front of a hospital. #-o :lol:

Well at least there isn't too far to travel to a+e ;)
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
Willr0490
Power poster

Post by Willr0490 »

Jim wrote:
Willr0490 wrote:Earlier today (Friday the 13th) I was returning home from a job interview when I tripped, lost my footing, and fell rather spectacularly in front of a hospital. #-o :lol:

Well at least there isn't too far to travel to a+e ;)
Well yes if it had needed it, but luckily I only suffered minor scratches - so didn't need to go to A and E and in fact managed to limp back home. Amazingly my interview clothes (a posh suit) sustained no damage at all in the fall.