A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

verityclaire
New member - welcome them!

Hi :)

Post by verityclaire »

Hi Everyone :)

I'm new so just wanted to say hello :)

I haven't been diagnosed with Dyspraxia yet (I have my first appointment for assessment with my university next week at last!!) but over the years i've been convinced I have it, I'm clumsy, can't do what would appear simple tasks like putting a piece of paper in a plastic wallet (that may be the most infuriating thing!), I have stupid ticks like always have to be moving even if i'm sat down like moving my feet or fiddling my fingers, I'm so untidy no matter how hard I try to keep it all clean :|, My spelling horrendous (thank god for google chromes spell check!) and i've had driving lessons since 2006 without any pass and 4 failed tests, 5 instructors to the point my last instructor told me i'd never drive :| also had many people ask me "Do you have learning difficulties" but i'm fine academically once i've got the work done that usually takes forever.

apart from all that I'm at uni studying childhood studies and want to run my own special needs nursery when I finish :)

just wanted to say hi and meet some people who get it - I told my Boyfriend I'd be learning to drive in auto now and he was like WHY?! makes me feel stupid so it'll be nice to talk to people who understand :)

x
agsiul
Power poster

Re: Hi :)

Post by agsiul »

Hi. Don't mind that driving instructor. All you need do is find the right one. Don't let him put you off. I learned but my guy was brilliant. I did have to get lessons from other instructors when I moved towns but they were like your man so got extra lessons from the original guy when I was going for the test the second time.