I have a job 2

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jme
Regular Poster

Post by jme »

good effort philip. Finding a job is really hard work, but you are putting in a good effort. hope all goes well.

jme
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."

"Normal refers to someone who hasn’t had enough tests!"
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

Thanks

My 3rd week is now completed at the training provider

I have now got an interview sorted out by one of the advisors after much chasing - (interview is done in centre this time) this is for a placement (no idea what company it is)

Hopefully this will not end in controversey - I do not want a final written warning at this stage of the game, for something which could not be suitable or not for me from the advisors

As I did not give them much to play with from my wish list and was not good enough for them - if I would have got a controversey verbal or either a written warning from the advisors I would have appeal against it.

The interview will be good practise what ever happens
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

Half way through week 4

The game is hotting up - the interview for the placement which could turn into a full time job - this is not suitable for me

I have an interview for a full time job tomorrow which sounds more interesting and the money is not bad, hopefully I will get offer the job and is suitable for me - I will probably accept the job (if the hours are reasonable) location sounds good - so I do not have to sign on for a while :0
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

Half way through week 4

The game is hotting up - the interview for the placement which could turn into a full time job - this is not suitable for me

I have an interview for a full time job tomorrow which sounds more interesting and the money is not bad, hopefully I will get offer the job and is suitable for me - I will probably accept the job (if the hours are reasonable) location sounds good - so I do not have to sign on for a while :0
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

The interview was a bit of a waste of time - first of all no interview

It was an agency I got sent too by the recuriter who sent me there - and I filled out forms

I will not really impress with this agency, I am unsure where the assignment would have been
Last edited by Philip on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

The tutor for our group asked how the interview went yesterday, the recruiter phoned this agency up today and of course there deny all knowledge what I said and about my dyspraxia :( (and I was unimpress with the agency)

Sometimes it get constroversy at times hopefully I will not get a constroversy verbal warning or final written warning on there will be trouble
Last edited by Philip on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

Hi again

I think I may have be put forward to another company for another placement interview

I am trying very hard to sort out something - I have not really got any 2nd or 3rd options for them to play with which I want to do

I was expecting an application form back from a company which there was ment to be phoning but I should have sorted out myself because I think I have been screwed from getting a chance to applied for this one or probably got lost in the post #-o

I am hoping that with the week break from college which I booked off- I would like to get a move on with Microsoft PowerPoint before the end of December and then quick as possibly get Microsoft Access done
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

five weeks down, eight weeks to go on the course

placement or no placement - the advisors are trying there hardest but probably finding it a little tough :)
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

6 weeks down, still no placement (but will prefer a proper paid job) but my confidence has improved a little :)

I will have to do a new wish list - the company does not bothered me, its the type of work I want is the problem - I would like to avoid agencies if I can unless I am sure that a repeat/peformed of the last agency I went to does not happen again and has cost me a possibly job getting paid :(

My review has been good with the tutor for our group at the moment
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

week 7

it is seems more of a youth club then a training provider sometimes

I went to an agency after I finished college in the afternoon :) - to see if there have any work in my area of work

It is now highly doubtful that I will be asked to do another wish list and probably remain at the centre to I finished which will not be too bad, can improved my confidence and team buliding and get to see all the new starters and re-starters each week :)
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

week 8

As I round up and head into the last 4 weeks of the course of trying to get a placement or if I lucky I may get a job and by pass the cheap labour part

I had another interview today at another agency this time working at one, from my first impressions it is very hard to get to with buses only every 20 minutes and is in quite a bad area
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Only every twenty minutes? The luxury of city living! :P I once went to work from here on a bus that ran every other hour. It was only through good fortune that the times proved convenient. Missing the bus home wasn't an option, lol!

Good luck with the ongoing job hunting. I'm sure something suitable will come along before too much longer, especially when all the HR people get back into the office after the New Year festivities! :D
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

Thanks

2 more weeks to go at the training provider =D>

The outcome from the company I went to before Christmas will be unknown - was not really happy about going up there in the first place, one or two things did not add up

I have at least picked up some tips from about how to fill out an application better (mainly personal statement) how to write a good specs/cover letter which I probably would have not got being at the training provider. =D>

This week I have apply for one job through an employment agency, sound okay.

I recieved a reply back from another job I applied before Christmas but was unsucessfully this time round #-o (at least I have some proof)
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

Into week 12 of 13 :)

I am in the middle of applying for a job which I have seen in the local paper, it sounds very suitable for me to do (even though it is part-time hours) =D>

I am going to keep on trying - I have college to fall back on - to build up my qualifications in IT
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

soz phillip, didn't see that you had a job as well, well hope everything went well with the placement.

and hopefully get easier with time.

Mike