essay

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

ginnyhaha
New member - welcome them!

essay

Post by ginnyhaha »

I just finished my 1,500 word essay on the opening sequence from 'Amelie', and my general method is to read up on it, photocopy/bookmark the important bits, then write a rough essay plan, because I never ever stick to anything too specific. I have no idea how I'll cope with my dissertation, though #-o

Luckily I'm doing an art degree, so I don't have to do a lot of writing. A *lot* of drawing, but only one essay a term. Thank goodness!
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

I love the film Amelie. What sort of things were you analysing in the opening scene?
ginnyhaha
New member - welcome them!

yay

Post by ginnyhaha »

Me too :) I had to write about what techniques the director used to generate interest and expectations from the audience - stuff like how each scene has to introduce one idea, the way the sequence begins the film's motif of random events linked together by suggestion, the way he uses digital enhancement, the camera angles, music, and so on. It's pretty interesting - a lot happens in the first 57 seconds of film O_o