3D movies

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

karis
New member - welcome them!

3D movies

Post by karis »

I went to see Avatar today (it is in 3D) and it made me feel very sick and dizzy, when I took off the 3D glasses this was remedied straight away. I was wondering if this was linked in with my dyspraxia at all and if anyone else had a similar experience or had read anything about this?

All the best,
Karis
Pooky
Administrator

Re: 3D movies

Post by Pooky »

I saw it in 3D too, it was great.
karis

Post by karis »

but it didn't make you feel sick?
Creative
Super poster

Post by Creative »

I've seen a few films in 3D and I enjoyed the effect.
Evasura
Power poster

Post by Evasura »

I saw it on 3D and the part that is normal film made me very dizzy, so I had to take the glassess off. My friend said that he found it a bit weird too, bt not as bad as me. The part of Pandora was fine, butI've seen a lot of films on 3D now. The first time I saw one, I couldn't focus and I had to keep on taking the glassess off, as I got dizzy and double vision. Bit by bit it has got better and now I can watch an entire film on 3D. Talked to other people abut avatar and everyone says that the part of the film looks weird for everyone.
By the way, I also find very difficult to see 3D images in those pictures where you focus on one point and see a 3D image. Do you have that as well?
Eva in London
Forester

Post by Forester »

All 3D films look flat 2D to me, can't see the effect at all. I was thinking it was the emporors new cloathes or something. Is this related to dyspraxia?

My girlfriend gets the dizzyness after viewing3D films, she is not dyspraxic.
Osymandus
Power poster

Post by Osymandus »

Its not been shown to be linked with Dysprxia (though as the part of our brains which process sensory info are teh ones with problems maybe (Thalamas for wiki fans ). I dont get sick but i always kno when something is CGI or film effect its like theres a small outline round teh effect.
SirDaveofDanger
Getting settled in

Post by SirDaveofDanger »

I remember going to see A Christmas Carol in 3D last december and got really messed up by the snow of all things (nothing else seemed to affect me). I've got Meares Irlen syndrome though (which is where you lack 3D vision), so probably got messed up mainly due to that
Remus
Regular Poster

Post by Remus »

I've never seen a movie in 3D but I have tried on the television and other things when the paper gives out those free crappy 3D glasses which never seem to work on me.

I did go see a short feature at the National Sealife Centre in 4D though which was just awesome! :D It really jumped out the screen, it was like the fish were swimming right at you and with the added effects (bubbles, sprayed water, rumbling seats) it was just magical!

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute G. B. Stern
Osymandus
Power poster

Post by Osymandus »

Remus wrote:I've never seen a movie in 3D but I have tried on the television and other things when the paper gives out those free crappy 3D glasses which never seem to work on me.

I did go see a short feature at the National Sealife Centre in 4D though which was just awesome! :D It really jumped out the screen, it was like the fish were swimming right at you and with the added effects (bubbles, sprayed water, rumbling seats) it was just magical!
Im going to be a pedant here and say that the $th dimension is time/space so technically everything you percieve is in (relativity wise ) in 4D ;)