DOES ANY SLEEP A LOT LIKE 14 HOURS

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

ALEX2525
New member - welcome them!

DOES ANY SLEEP A LOT LIKE 14 HOURS

Post by ALEX2525 »

DOES ANY 1 ELSE GET THESE AS I HAVE BE SLEEPING AT 4AM WAKE UP AT 4PM OR 6PM AND FIND IT HARD 2 GET OUT OF BED LOVE 2 HERE FROM PEOPLE AND NO WAYS OF BETTER SLEEPING.
Creative
Super poster

Re: DOES ANY SLEEP A LOT LIKE 14 HOURS

Post by Creative »

I do get tired a lot. I need about 10 hours of sleep a night and I try to go to bed at 10:30 in the evenings.

If you wake up early try making a hot drink and read in bed before you go back to sleep. Putting lavender oil on a tissue can help you relax. Don't worry if you wake up as that will make the problem worse. Try not to nap in the day if you can avoid it.
The Lurker
Power poster

Post by The Lurker »

I do at weekeneds (when I get the chance :grin: ) - might have something to do with the fact that I only get about 5 hours a night during the week :P :grin:
girlygirl333
Getting settled in

Post by girlygirl333 »

I used to sleep upwards of 16 hours a day at times. For years they said it was depression. Every anti-depressant they put me on made it worse or just didn't help. I've also always been kind of backwards with my sleep. Can't sleep at night..even if I'm awake all day. Can't stay awake during the day even when I'm able to sleep well at night. Finally a few years ago I was seeing a new psychiatrist and he said he thought I had narcolepsy. I was sure he didn't know what he was talking about as I had a very limited understanding of what narcolepsy is. Well I had a blood test that showed a predisposition and they did two sleep studies and low and behold, I have narcolepsy. Average time to REM sleep is something like 90 minutes after you fall asleep. My average is 7 minutes.

This was something that was misdiagnosed as a mental health issue for years, turns out it is neurological. My severe headaches were diagnosed as "stress/tension" headaches (I could control them if I relaxed supposedly) Turns out I have some sort of complex migraines ..neurological.

I see the neurologist this week, I'm going to ask him about dyspraxia. I have Kaiser which is an HMO and in my opinion a joke. They are pill-pushers and that's about it. I am going to ask though.
little g

Post by little g »

I can sleep for about 10 hours comfortably! i am a night owl, takes me ages to get ready for bed (partley cause i dont like brushing my teeth makes me feel kinda sick), then it takes me ages to get to sleep then i sleep in every day cause i cant wake up! i have four alarms and can sleep through them all! so i usually tell people i have waking up issues! not sure if that helps! :rolleyes:
sazdenny
Getting settled in

Post by sazdenny »

sleep.. oh how I love to sleep!! But too much makes me feel ill!!

I used to sleep 12/14 hours easily even when I was doing loads of speed!!!

My nephew, who's an emo rock star put on a special emo/grunge ring tome on my phone for an alarm. Its a real hard core shouty thing that ,makes me wake soon enough.. i can only bare too snooze twice or LESS on it. I have to bath 1st thing, tea-tree shampoo wakes my skull lol.. & then I'm up!!

I must have very early nights though & plenty of fresh water coz I seem to dehydrate easy & notice my dypraxia is better for drinking lots of water.. really its true!!!

Caffiene is Ok but theres rules to follow.. whether its coffee or tea or even green tea it must be drunk before noon. then its back to water for me.

Having said that, its gone 10pm & I must go to bed!!!

Night night!!!
Saz
x
Dont diss my praxia man...
=oD
keiraknightleyfan27
Power poster

Post by keiraknightleyfan27 »

Omgosh, I am so glad that I am not the only one who does this! Some days I sleep about eight hours, but sometimes I'll sleep about ten or eleven! I think these nights are usually after a very emotionally tiring day where I've been subjected to a lot of big situations like a long day of work or something. I found the other day after taking care of a sick friend and going to two appointments that I needed a nap. I fell asleep listening to "The Chocolate War" on Listening Library. I didn't know I was that exhausted, but apparently I needed more sleep.

Signed,
Emotionally tired Shanna :)
Rory Gilmore (to Lorelai as she leaves for an internship in Chicago): Mom, you've given me everything I need.
Luke Danes (to Lorelai): I just like to see you happy.---"Gilmore Girls" series finale, 5/15/07
strabright

Post by strabright »

Hi - I just found this site tonight as a result of desperation :rolleyes:

I sleep....and sleep...and sleep...any chance I get. I can do almost 72hrs non -stop over a weekend - just waking to eat and drink, maybe watch tv for half hour... :rolleyes: I find it really confusing when I hit the sleep weeks :*(

Is the tiredness/sleeping thing a big dyspraxia thing? Other weeks I am bouncing with energy :banana:
Starbright
Jemadjo

Post by Jemadjo »

I love to sleep and have very creative dreams... the downside is I find it hard to wake up even with alarms. I slept 12 hours last night and was lucky that my first lecture was cancelled but still missed the second.

I also have much trouble getting to sleep. It can easily take me 3 hours of trying before I sleep. Last year I worked out that every day I was staying up about 2 hours later than the previous night and ended up going to some lectures the next day before I went to sleep.

This year I am trying to wake up at 7:30 every day hoping that this would make me tired earlier, but one problem with this is that I tiredness doesn't always help me get to sleep but does mean I need to sleep for longer. (Punishment is 100 situps if I don't wake up on the first alarm.)

I nap easily in the day despite trying to avoid it, but find that I can instantly fall asleep straight after intensive excercise such as basketball and (back when at school) cross country runs- whatever the time of day.
CHESLOU

Post by CHESLOU »

I usually need about ten hours and even then it can take me a while to function in the morning, need my breakfast before anything lol
And27
Getting settled in

Post by And27 »

When I was at Uni (about 10 years ago) I could go to sleep at midnight till 3pm the next day then be tired and back in bed by 11pm and wake around 10am. It was quite a stressful time so maybe all the reading too much for my brain.
These days I don't really lie in anymore but it can be hard to drag myself out of bed on work days! I do love an afternoon nap on weekends if I can fit it in though! :lol:
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Used to sleep a lot in the past - especially at Uni, but these days I struggle to sleep in. I need my 8 hours but I seldom sleep much longer than this.

Dan
Remus
Regular Poster

Post by Remus »

On the weekends I'm awful, it can be anywhere between 12pm or 3pm.

I'm a total insomniac though, I cannot get to sleep normally til 2 or 3 in mornings.

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute G. B. Stern
NobodyElseWill
Power poster

Post by NobodyElseWill »

I'm pretty much an insomniac as well i have nights where i could be awake for a large majority of the night and then at 2 am when i finally knock of to sleep and then i somehow wake up really up feeling extremely hot and then when i do get up usually at 9:15 i feel like i have only slept five hours and I need a lot of coffee in the morning to keep me going. Some days it's like brain is a wake and body isn't or vice versa and then around 3pm i start slowing down and then when everyone in the house is getting tired already 11:00 ish my brain and body wakes up.
CertHE (Open) Health and Social Care (2009)
Access to Health and Social Care (2009)
KYJ113 Foundations for Social Work Practice (Pending)
Alice
Getting settled in

Post by Alice »

I need 10 hrs sleep a night. I can get away with as little as 8 if I'm just around the house knitting, reading, and watching stuff. If I'm busy, I can need up to 12.

Sadly my uni work takes me longer than most, and during termtime I'm looking at 8 hrs when I'm needing the 12.