Claims to fame!

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

donnaf
Power poster

Post by donnaf »

I just remembered, I have been in Fate and Fortune magazine :)
I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never ever gonna keep me down :D

Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

I have another claim to fame I went to see The Sound of Music today then afterwards went to tea in Liberys and sat right next to and chatted to Connie Fisher she was really nice and pleasent and I asked for her autograph.

Luv Meg
Xxxx
BetaBox
Getting settled in

Post by BetaBox »

I've met the following:

Bjorn Ulvaeus (ABBA)
Dave Stewart (eurythmics)
Zane Lowe
Mary Elizabeth Mastro-Antonio (The Abyss)
Gillian Anderson

Bands:

Mars Volta
Billy Talent
Vincent
Getting settled in

Post by Vincent »

I was an extra in Father Ted.

It's series 1, episode 1.
About halfway through (or just after the break if on telly), there is a sign saying "Freak Pointing". There is an old man sitting on a chair and two people pointing at him. I'm one of the pointers. The one in the green jacket without the beard.
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

Well, Im distantly related to Ian Botham, my cousin is Keith Duffy, Ive met

Jim Davidson
Peter Falk
The boyzone lads - cos of my cousin
The Westlife Boys
Bryan Adams
DySpRaXiA dOeSnT mAkE lIfE hArDeR, jUsT mOrE cOmPlIcAtEd.
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

Last Monday I met Bobby convay he came to my work as we had a football day for the children. He was cute! I've just remembred that I was in the locla newspaper in yr 5.

Luv Meg
Xxxx
Lady Fluff
Power poster

Post by Lady Fluff »

whilst working in Boots in Cardiff 3 years ago, I served Charlotte Church.
The other week in London, Mrs Fluff and I were eating lunch in TGI Fridays in Covent Garden and the Cheeky Girls walked past (no sign of Lembit though).
For that matter, whilst at university, I had a pint with Lembit, as I was a member of the LibDems and he came to do a talk.
As a little girl, I had lunch with Mr Happy (OK, OK, it was a guy who dressed up as Mr Happy in a stage show who was friends with my dad, and he was out of costume when we had lunch, but it sounds cool when you're 5!)
I was chatted up by a member of the band Electric 6 at the gay night in Aberystwyth (I don't think they actually realised they were in a gay bar, and certainly didn't cotton on to the fact that I wasn't exactly his type!)
I served Titch, from the band Dave Dee Dozey Beaky Mick and Titch, also whilst working in Boots.
Earning me a dozen lesbian points but will mean bugger all to anyone else, the Indigo Girls signed my mandolin

On my parents side, my dad once made a very offensive remark towards Elton John when he worked at Watford FC, and my Mum blanked one of the Bee Gees when he came into her bank (on telling her who he was, she said "What's a beegee?!"). She also went to one of the Queen's garden parties when she was a little girl, as her dad was invited to work in Buckingham palace. He turned the job down, however, as it would mean spending too much time away from his family.

That's all I can think of for now!
Auron
Power poster

Post by Auron »

I've got absolutly none personally.

...I really need to get out more.
falconry-fan
New member - welcome them!

Post by falconry-fan »

I don't have many but

I met Richard Keel who played Jaws in the James Bond films.

My late uncle was friends with Ford Kiernan from Chewing the Fat,when he was at school, he often came to my nana's house for dinner and used to annoy my mother.

I was on Fully Booked when I was 11 or 12 as an audience member,and unfortunately the camera was on me for a lot of the show, particuarly when Sarah Vanderberg sat next to me, I looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights didn't know where to look.

The next day I went into Thorntons to buy some chocolates and the girl at the counter said ''you were on Fully Booked weren't you?'' which was very embarrasing.

Finally while on that show I met Sarah Vanderberg,Grant Stott,one of the guys from How 2,Tina Arena,The boyband 911 and the first woman to walk to the North Pole.
s
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

i don;t really have any claims to fame. have met peter kay a couple of times, some girl band (atomic kitten or something like that ?), and several people from coronation street. Not really met anyone properly famous tho and probably wouldnt notice if i did lol!

Have been on tv once on songs of praise. It was live so i never got to see it as i didnt record it. (should've). I was playing in a 1000 piece brass band. I was sat next to one of the cameraman and so apparently i was shown a lot during the songs. All to the bemusement of my young brother who spent the whole program trying to get me back out of the telly!

Today i was filmed by the bbc for a program on physics. I was just randomly stopped going through uni and asked if i'd be on it. We just had to pretend to chat to other people who'd been stopped and do various things to illustrate different particles. Was a different way to waste an hour anyway!
keiraknightleyfan27
Power poster

Post by keiraknightleyfan27 »

My mom's cousin's kid has played pro hockey for the New Jersey Devils and won 2 Stanley Cups. Also, my aunt used to teach Elijah Wood gymnastics when he was five. Melissa McCarthy (of Gilmore Girls fame) is from a neighboring town of mine. I have met Meg Cabot, author of "The Princess Diaries," James and Oliver Phelps, who play the Weasley twins from the Harry Potter movies, and I've met Angie Sage, author of the Septimus Heap novels. I've met Bruce Hale, who is also a famous author. He signed a book for me. :)
Rory Gilmore (to Lorelai as she leaves for an internship in Chicago): Mom, you've given me everything I need.
Luke Danes (to Lorelai): I just like to see you happy.---"Gilmore Girls" series finale, 5/15/07
Where did I put that?
Getting settled in

Post by Where did I put that? »

I like this thread! =D>

I have met people from the following bands:
NOFX
Less Than Jake
Snuff
Lagwagon
Mad Caddies
Athlete
Rancid
Reel Big Fish

I have also met SteveO from Jackass (I'm a mod on the SteveO message board) which was cool.

I was on TV when I was little on a program called 'Is That a Fact?', they came to our school and made us research a local legend. I met a whole bunch of Jordanian TV presenters through one of my freelance jobs, though I don't think that they are famous outside of Jordan. One of my animations got shown at the National Film Theatre (London) and at the Melbourne International Animation Festival. Oh and I went to art school with the guy who was the weird screaming thing in the music video 'Come to Daddy' by Aphextwin, he's a complete tosser if anyone is interested.
"I only want to live in peace, plant potatoes and dream!"
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Got my 4 foot fish tank from a classified add and when I collected it from the person in question it was steve redgraves's cox from the olypmic team and he had all his medals in his front room along with one of the oars used from the olympic race.
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
conor
Getting settled in

Post by conor »

ive met bono,been in 1 of the edges mansions,met Jim Sheriden,met a few other playrights,actoresses and actors,and some writers too
Wildcat_madness
Getting settled in

Post by Wildcat_madness »

My claims to fame are:

I have Andrea Corr as a friend on Bebo (and we chat to each other also ^_^)
I've been in the Northern Scot 3 times, Press and Journal once and Midweek Extra (local newspaper) once. (For Good things honestly!)
I've been on Reporting Scotland once
One of my Ancestors used to be the Queen Mother's Gardener
I live in the same town where the first labor prime minister was born (Ramsay McDonald)
To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wildflower.
To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
An eternity in an hour.

~William Blake