Eating Spaghetti

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Pooky
Administrator

Eating Spaghetti

Post by Pooky »

Had to eat spaghetti infront of the other halfs parents with a spoon and fork on Sat night. I normally use a knife.

Was so embarassing with everything laughing at my inability to eat with the spoon.
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

I never eat spaghetti with a spoon.
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

I generally only use a fork with spaghetti! i think that having too many things in my hands becomes too confusing and complicated.

It only gets worse when you live with your other half and their mother, the mother being one who never learnt to knock the bedroom door when her 30 year old son is in his bedroom with his girlfriend and the door is shut!!!!!!

I could have died¬!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush: :blush: :blush:

Kirsty
DySpRaXiA dOeSnT mAkE lIfE hArDeR, jUsT mOrE cOmPlIcAtEd.
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

It does not matter which cutlery I choose it always the same.... sphagetti everywhere... if I know i am eating spag bol I make sure i don'y wear anything white!
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
rah
Power poster

Post by rah »

i only use a fork with spaghetti too.

i practically live on it (i make an amazing veggie spag bol!) so i've become quite adept at twisting it round the fork, but when i've tried using a spoon it goes everywhere and when i've cut it up with a knife i've found that it always just falls off the fork.

god knows what people think of me, because if i can get away with just using a fork i will, even for cutting things up!
falconry-fan
New member - welcome them!

Post by falconry-fan »

The whole spoon and fork thing doesn't make much sense to me it seems so complicated.

I stick with a fork, it can be messy, often is but my technique has gotten better,I twirl some up with my fork then press the fork with the spaghetti on it against my plate and move the fork down a little, this seems to secure the spaghetti a little better.

I probably didn't explain it very well.
sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Re: Eating Spaghetti

Post by sheppeyescapee »

I eat mine with a knife and fork, I chop it up nice and small so it doesn't flop everywhere. :banana:
I am J, 24, husband, student, diagnosed AS and Dyspraxia.
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

Knife and fork. Chop it up. Scoop.

For an added twist; I eat left-handed even though I'm right-handed normally. :banana:
"You don't get anything worth getting by pretending to know things you don't know."
~ Sam Harris.
Pieman

Post by Pieman »

Yep - me too. Definatley a knife and fork. I can never manage the sucking spagetti up thing - i just end up splashing everyone around me!!! :lol:
Creative
Super poster

Post by Creative »

I couldn't use a spoon to it it with. Far too tricky!
Pieman

Post by Pieman »

I had to eat spagetti bolonase at my friends house yesterday. Their son was having trouble and she cut up his spaggeti with scissors!!!! Its a genious idea - it works really well - i then did the same - thats the solution!!!!!
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

I sat with a friend once and went through all the different kinds of food that can't be eaten in public! Not much left that I could eat without getting it on my clothes.
meow
Regular Poster

Post by meow »

I eat it with a fork and a spoon because I find it easier. I cannot for the life of me use a knife though. I will use a fork when ever possible. I hate knifes!
Iame
Getting settled in

Post by Iame »

I'm not too clever when it comes to eating most things but even mentioning spaghetti used to make me depressed lol. I remember when I was younger and still living at home, I used to get really annoyed and feel disappointed if Mam said we were having spag bol for tea. I tend not too eat much of it nowadays and if I do I have the fresh wide pasta that's easier to eat.
joeswinn

Post by joeswinn »

No need to mind others. I often using fork and knife