7%
Not Sure
No votes

Total votes: 41

Carpe Veritas
Getting settled in

Tension Headaches

Post by Carpe Veritas »

I get them all the time and was wondering if it was widespread amongst the Dyspraxic folk?
Always be obscure, clearly
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

I clicked yes, some are proper tension headaches, and some I can sort as soon as I goto the DIY Store! due to family on to me, and my brother about me being in a relationship!!

me, and my brother have given up, so we give our family red herrings to satisfy them, and to talk about, otherwise we would never hear the end of it.

well I got the social side of the arguement \:D/ , my brother hasn't got anything, poor him :-({|=

so while the family have got the red herrings, then they aren't so bothered in hearing what is going on more or less infront of their noses either!!!
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

I have migraines with aura.
Sparkly looking.
robyn

Post by robyn »

I get them lots, plus I get migraines occasionally that are horrific, maybe only thrivce a year but I litterly cant move when I get them they are so bad, I just have to lye in bed with my head between my legs
WTCCFan
Regular Poster

Post by WTCCFan »

I am likely to ge them when I have come back from Newcastle having done shopping. The fact it was hectic is probably what does it for me.

When its hectic it seems to almost increase the pressure going round in my head. I am lifting up heavy bags, I am looking round all the time. The heat also plays a part.

But I'm no doctor. It just seems that way.
Carpe Veritas
Getting settled in

Post by Carpe Veritas »

100% have said yes so far, that is interesting. I wonder if its our inability to cope with too many things at once causing the tension? :-k
Always be obscure, clearly
robyn

Post by robyn »

bear in mind that most of the people who read this post probly chose to cause the get tention headaches, so its not likely to be a true representation cause most people who dont probly didnt bother to read it when they saw the title
WTCCFan
Regular Poster

Post by WTCCFan »

robyn wrote:bear in mind that most of the people who read this post probly chose to cause the get tention headaches, so its not likely to be a true representation cause most people who dont probly didnt bother to read it when they saw the title
Sorry but you are wrong. I don't choose to get these tension headaches. It just happens. It is like saying you choose to get yourself run over by a car.

When I go into busy shopping areas like Newcastle city centre it is an "occupational hazzard" you could say. It is very hectic all the time. Theirs loads you see. Theirs loads of walking to do. All of which cause strain on my head. It all however is something you cannot avoid.
robyn

Post by robyn »

I didnt say you chose to get tension headaches, I dont choose to get them either, I said the results wont be a treu representatiion of the number of people with dyspraxia who get tension headaches cause the people who do get tension headaches are more likely to chose to read this post and fill in the pole, where as those who dont get tension headache probly wont be as intrested in reading this post
WTCCFan
Regular Poster

Post by WTCCFan »

robyn wrote:I didnt say you chose to get tension headaches, I dont choose to get them either, I said the results wont be a treu representatiion of the number of people with dyspraxia who get tension headaches cause the people who do get tension headaches are more likely to chose to read this post and fill in the pole, where as those who dont get tension headache probly wont be as intrested in reading this post
Appologise for misreading. I now see your point. But again I still cannot see how your point holds water.

Why wouldn't those who DON'T get tension headaches not be interested in posting and filling in the poll but those that DO get tension headaches would be interested in reading this thread and using the poll? If I didn't get them I wouldn't be frightened to say so and answer on the poll "no".
steph
New member - welcome them!

Post by steph »

I tend to get them more on a bright sunny morning. Driving my daughter to school on a sunny day leaves me with a really nasty headache for the rest of the day.

I bought some sunglasses to try and stop the headaches, but I can never find them when I need them :S
robyn

Post by robyn »

its not that they would be scared, just less intrested, not necessarily massively so, but enough to make the numberrs not representative, its a commonly accepted premise within research
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

not sure if its of dyspraxic or epileptic cause with me, but i get them regularly!

Kirsty......
DySpRaXiA dOeSnT mAkE lIfE hArDeR, jUsT mOrE cOmPlIcAtEd.
falconry-fan
New member - welcome them!

Post by falconry-fan »

I almost always get tension headaches, I'm usually fine when I'm in the house,but as soon as I leave I develop a tension headaches, it gets worse when I'm on the bus or when I arrive at work.
Lumic
Power poster

Post by Lumic »

atleast twice a week wen studying and also wen ive done loads all day i get them to thepoint the only thing that is comfortable is tolie down and close my eyes and sleep for half hour wen iwake up the headache is gone

i thoiught iwas really abnmormal looks like tension headaches are normal!!
my aviator reminds me not to do what i always do