questions finding answers to can anyone help?

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Vickster
New member - welcome them!

questions finding answers to can anyone help?

Post by Vickster »

Hi Vickster here,

I just want to say a big thank you for the support people have given me, through the replies to this forum, its nice to know thay im not alone, in this.
Ive never really had any support in the workplace because I dont think employers show much empathy and understanding (unless I havent found the right job yet and believe me I had a few), their attitude is if you struggle in some areas you cant do the job and thats it sort of thing.

I think because I have low self esteem I just give up when they start critising the way I work and find another job rather than stick up for myself.

Im going to work on being stronger and not a walk over but this I think will take time. I have come on alot though for years I couldnt look anyone in the eye for years (does anyone else have this problem?) and managers used to comment on this but now I can.

Im going to try and get a less stessful job one that I know I can do, and doesnt put me in a stressful postion, ill have to manage even if its low paided, I dont care. Then in september I may well go to night school and think of a career change I just dont know what yet.

I think since I was diagnosed with dyspraxia my low self esteem has got worse, but it was also a relief, anyone out there feel the same.

I also have days when I feel my head spins and I start things stop them and go onto somthing else without completing tasks.

I also have to keep writing lists and there are days I get overloaded and get very tired as a result. This is worse for me when I adopt to change i.e come back off holiday.

Can anyone else relate to the above, id love to here your views, thanks once again for your support

Kind Regards

Vicky

Post by donnaf »

Hiya Vickster and welcome, another West Midlander! :) I too felt my self esteem get worse after I realised I was dyspraxic but it was a big relief for me too. I have been really working on my self esteem and I am getting to be better than I ever was before! I find the relief getting more as my self esteem improves and I accept myself the way I am more :)
I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never ever gonna keep me down :D

Vickster
New member - welcome them!

Self esteem

Post by Vickster »

Hi Donnaf

How did you build up your self esteem? Was it through counselling? Are your employers supportive. I notice you love cats and animmals me too.. My dream job would be to work on a farm, or own my own cat rescue centre. I think sometimes I love animals better than people. After been off work nearly two weeks and been down nearly £500 ive finely gone back and threatened my employers with disability discrimation and now they are grovellling, but I still dont want to stay. I gonna aply for a job where I can just fade into the background , I dont care about money anymore long as have enough to pay bills. Its ben a testing two weeks.

Have you ever feelt like that?
Don't let the b**tards grind you down!
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

I built up my self estee mand confidence throught joing a drama group and everyone that knows me have said that i've become a lot more confidnet, but I guess people build up their self esteem and confidence in their own way.

Luv Meg
Xxxx
donnaf
Power poster

Post by donnaf »

I didnt have counselling, I did it by myself, I'm better that way. I'm the same as you with jobs, well, I was, but recently I've been applyin for better and better jobs.
I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never ever gonna keep me down :D