AS maths homework

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

WEll I've hated maths with a passions since 16 - when I was done with and never looked back...

...until I left university and tried to get a job, whereupon everyone tried to administer maths tests to me, and I promptly became one of the great unwashed.

I decided on a career in teaching when it was plain my graduate career simply wasn't taking off - and first hurdle was to revisit that D in GCSE maths

I passed that with a B last year and decided I'd spend the intermiediate eyar while I applied for the PGCE taking on the challenge (and I mean CHALLENGE) of A-level maths. #-o

Well here i sit, about to take ym summer exams for the AS portion of the course, which sadly is where I shall have to elave it due to the PGCE in September, but cest le vie - that's how it was always going to be. So I look upon this as a challenge bested. I wanted to see if i could do it and I've proven to ymself that i can.

In short: I rock. \:D/
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Well done! To master that dark art especially after all that time is worthy of praise indeed.

I see you're one of the many many graduates I know who, having been duped by the government that your degree might actually help you get a fantabulous job in the wider world realises that if you're going to end up on a half decent wage then teaching doesn't seem like a bad option.
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

Hmm yes. I seem to have ridden the along the cusp of that wave when the degree became worthless, University became expensive and the job market became saturated and the education system in general went into meltdown.

All in all - all rather sh*t if you ask me. :@
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

*sings*:

"things can only get better, can only get.."

*is promptly crushed by a falling piano of bitter irony*
Lumic
Power poster

Post by Lumic »

Lithium_joe wrote:I'd already asked to have a general anesthetic but out of curiosity asked what was involved:

"Well the top two well, just whip out like that, not problem. The bottom two, we'll need to lift up the gum and divide the tooth with the drill and take them out a bit t a time.

In that case then, I replied, I definitely want to be out!
am getting my bottom wisdom teeth out soon ouchy i never knew they did that...... think ill asked to get knocked out too!!!
my aviator reminds me not to do what i always do
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Trust me that when they take your wisdom teeth out, you do not want to hear the craking noises.... I was unlucky one of my teeth had 5 roots instead four and one snapped off and had to be dug around to get out.... not a pleasant experience...
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...