AS maths homework

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lithium_joe
Power poster

AS maths homework

Post by Lithium_joe »

Struggling with this tonight - it's like trying to think my way through treacle molasses. ](*,)

:stupid:
quackstar84
Regular Poster

Post by quackstar84 »

Relax and eat a Shoofly pie =)
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

now, see I know what a shoofly pie is - and I'm already having my wisdom teeth out next month and am rather attatched to keepiing the rest, so no thanks! [-(
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Do you want to do a swap and revise for my health and safety law exam?????
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

not particularly, no. ;)
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

try this:

Sin(x-80) = -0.2

I'll be back in a bit when I've worked out the answers. (there's more than one)

now you give me one of yours ;)
quackstar84
Regular Poster

Post by quackstar84 »

Gawd… you must be “getting on”…bless ya, I’m still waiting for my last wisdom tooth to come through… *bites into his shoofly pie* =D.
Lithium_joe wrote:now, see I know what a shoofly pie is - and I'm already having my wisdom teeth out next month and am rather attatched to keepiing the rest, so no thanks! [-(
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

oh mine have come through all right. top set are useless. Bottom set are "partially errupted" and impacted hence they are coming out - all four.

and enough of thy cheek! "old"! I'll have thee know I'm only in me mid 20's.

Hence forth I shall wile away my days muttering about 'pounds shillin's and threpunnybits' whenever I get the chance and possibly ab-libbing the odd 'Wy-i rem'ber-wen-dis-wer-nowt-bu-feelds-wen-i-worra-lad etc. ;)
quackstar84
Regular Poster

Post by quackstar84 »

Ouch… well they was worth all the pain you, one's old bean, went through weren’t they? :-k . i’ve got ah little problem with one of mine… but the uhthers aaare spiffing. you’re doing well with your life then, i’m still trying to find ah sense of directiohn one's self. Heavens above! How smashing!
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

State the general and specific duties of employers under section 2 of the health and safety at work act 1974.

Don't envy you having your wisdom teeth out.... hope they are knocking you out when they do it.... What ever you do do not have 2 out then a weeks break then have the other 2 out.... as you don't want to go back.....
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

I'd already asked to have a general anesthetic but out of curiosity asked what was involved:

"Well the top two well, just whip out like that, not problem. The bottom two, we'll need to lift up the gum and divide the tooth with the drill and take them out a bit t a time.

In that case then, I replied, I definitely want to be out!
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

I'm supposedly "Reviseing" for maths exams in 2 weeks. I did finally start today. Did 20mins and gave up. Had some of my wisdom teeth out a few weeks ago. Oh what fun that was!

Anyway i should be getting back to my maths. "Investigate the dust content in the flue gases of solid fuel boilers" oh yay what fun. :D
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

Had my last lesson today in this syllabus before exam. Logarithims. mmm fun. \:D/
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

That sounds scary, LJ. If it were me I'd just hope it turned out that there was a group of musical logs at the front of the room who would proceed to play a snappy rendition of "I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK". But then maths never was my strong point to say the least.
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

Sin(x-80) = -0.2

x = arcsin(-0.2) + 80 ???

It's been too long since I did anything more complicated than working out how many chocolate bars my small change is worth.