hey funny i come in here, im learning to drive soon too

anyone want good cheap lessons with a national company try these out

every 5 lessons for 56 quid

http://www.billplant.co.uk i think

crofty
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

That's a Bargoon compared to what I'm paying. Anyway I'm happy with the instructor I've got so I think I'll continue to stump up the cash until I'm done. I see with that company you can also learn to drive a Horsebox and a JCB. Niche skills with bizarre consequences if combined!
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

yeah, not too bad at 56 quid, when I was learning to drive back in 1994, it was 120 quid, for 14 hours,

(more expensive on learning with the larger vehicles though!) as I am paying 259 quid vat included, for a day, and a driving test, whereas with that firm it would be, 464 quid +vat

hmm..dan, only you would think of something like that!!
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

I passed my thoery today!!!!! Next stop practrical not yet though!

Luv Meg
Xxxx
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Well done!!! Good luck with the practical test!!!!
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

well done on the theory test Meg, that is a little step out of the way, the worst bit is if you don't pass your practical in 2 years of passing the theory then you got to sit it again.

which I am pretty close to facing, if I don't pass it in the next few weeks. :-({|=

I hate even thinking about it, as it means 2 years of my life has flown passed, without a breather! as it has been one problem after another. 2 examiners down, another to be looking for a job in life insurance, or anti-ageing by about 20 years (without the expence, or pain of surgary)!!! \:D/
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

That happened to me the first time I learnt to drive with that horrible instructor. I passed my theory and in those days you only did the theory, but never took the practical!! Aww good luck!

Luv Meg
Xxxx
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

All the talk of taking theory and practical driving tests makes me pleased I passed in the good old days of just the practical.... would never pass todays theory test.. :whistle:
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

We're going to try to get my Dad to take a mock theory on the computer as he's the sole driver in the house at the moment. Will be interesting to see how he gets on!
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

I actually found that they came out the worst, as with the one I bought in 2004, doesn't react totally true to actual driving! (takes about 3 weeks to stop!!)

what driving game I am enjoying at the moment is 18 wheels of steel haulin', I been playing it since the new year, and only had 1 problem reversing an artic, with an extra trailer, taken me a whole day to finally park the stupid thing!! due to there being a wall too close to the loading bay!
donnaf
Power poster

Post by donnaf »

Nice one Meg, I hope u celebrate this weekend! (Just dont have a driving lesson after lol)
When I was learning to drive, I was fine at learning the theory, I think I coulda passed that without much trouble. But I was really rubbish at actually driving a car, so I had to give up.....trust me, i'm not safe!
Just thought it was weird how our skills can vary so much, even between dyspraxics :-k
I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never ever gonna keep me down :D

Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Shadwell, that reminds me of a scene from Red Dwarf, when Kryten was taking his driving test for Starbug:

Rimmer: Stopping distances. You're travelling half the speed of light, what is the stopping distance?
Kryten: Four years, three months.
Rimmer: And the thinking time?
Kryten: A fortnight.
Crofty
Getting settled in

Post by Crofty »

lmao, thats pretty funny, mind you, that guy did only have half a brain cell.

spose thats what ya get for having such a hexagonal face, every line and every surface has its effects, lol

crofty
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

My instructor thinks i'll be ready for my practical in June possibly late May!

Luv Meg
Xxxx
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

Hi, just to let you know, I went for a drive on Sunday, which was basically around the MOT/Driving Test Station, so that I knew where things were again, had to borrow my fathers car to do it, as I am not bothered in getting another car yet.

about the only problem I will have now is the other drivers that like to cut corners to save time, and money! which is quite alarming when I am driving a truck, and can completely crush a car beyond all recognition! without doing too much damage to the truck.

like you would have seen if you watched the Police programme last night, in which a 7.5 tonne wagon went into the back of a 5 car pile up on the M3, only difference was the police found out the driver had been playing around with the in-cab mobile prior to the accident. and they determind that he must have been playing with his phone during the accident, as the tachograph showed that he hit the car at 60mph, without braking.