Fatigue midweek at work

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

samuelevans1995
New member - welcome them!

Fatigue midweek at work

Post by samuelevans1995 »

Hello everyone,

I am new here! I was diagnosed with dyspraxia at the age of 8. I am now 28. I have just got a new role as team leader at my Job. However, midweek I ALWAYS become very very fatigued and overwhelmed. I am asking my employer to be flexible with this and they agree however I am wondering if it is the condition contributing to this. Thank you
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Fatigue midweek at work

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Sam?
Welcome to your Tribe.

e often have to put more effort in to stay on top of everything This can be mentally and physically exhausting.

Are you exceeding or having to exceed your contracted hours to keep up. Are you maintaining a healthy work/life balance?

I find I can be overly conscientious.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

Hello,

It might be helpful to explore different strategies for managing your energy more effectively. Sometimes, simple adjustments in your daily routine or stress management techniques can make a big difference. Speaking of energy management, some people have shared their experiences with methods or supplements that help them maintain their vitality.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

TonyM wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:20 am Hello,

It might be helpful to explore different strategies for managing your energy more effectively. Sometimes, simple adjustments in your daily routine or stress management techniques can make a big difference. Speaking of energy management, some people have shared their experiences with methods or supplements that help them maintain their vitality.
Please be mindful of our policy re advertising/promotion.

If you subsequently edit your post to include urls selling such supplements, Admin will act descively!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Joe Suarez

Post by Joe Suarez »

It's entirely possible that your dyspraxia could be contributing to the fatigue and feeling overwhelmed midweek. Dyspraxia can affect coordination, organization, and processing speed, which may require extra cognitive effort to navigate tasks and responsibilities. This increased effort can lead to fatigue, especially when managing a leadership position with its inherent demands and pressures. However, incorporating efficient strategies such as mindfulness techniques, delegation, and utilizing resources like 30 minute chicken thigh recipes for quick and nutritious meals could help alleviate some of the stress and fatigue associated with managing your condition while maintaining a busy schedule.