J from Scotland

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

esquirraxia
New member - welcome them!

J from Scotland

Post by esquirraxia »

Heyy all from Scotland,

I'm Jay, soon 26 year old and was only told I had dyspraxia as an adult despite having gone to therapy, had all the symptoms from childhood. This has shaped my xp of dyspraxia as it is something akin to being late diagnosed..

I am interested in people, music, people, cultures, sociology and neurodiversity. Currently reading Robert Chapman's 'empire of normality', hoping I'm not the into one..

i'm always looking to meet new people so It'll be nice to get to talk to more of you.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: J from Scotland

Post by Tom fod »

Hi J

Welcome to the Forum
It's a lot less busy now there are groups on Social Media but def still has a place and we don't have bots deciding your post has contravened Community Standards, whatever they are.

I didn't learn till I was 36. Maybe they thought I'd give up or they didn't know how to explain it or they tried but I wasn't listening. I'm more forgiving of myself than I used to be

I do know some Dyspraxics from Scotland, though I'm well South of the border in the West Country myself.

Robert Chapman's 'empire of normality', sounds interesting though perhaps controversial?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)