Gardening

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Timbee
New member - welcome them!

Gardening

Post by Timbee »

Is there anyone here who gardens as a hobby? :rolleyes:
I really love being surrounded by plants, I like their greenery, and I feel as though I rejuvenate among them. The connection with plants helps me a lot with everyday life.
But do you have a garden? What do you have in it?
Timbee

Re: Gardening

Post by Timbee »

Is there really no one passionate about gardening on this forum?
What a pity [-( I really thought there would be many gardeners.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Tim

egrettably we're not as busy as Social Media where a lot of the discussion is.
We've had professionals in the Horticultural mention gardening before.

While the pace is slower here that can be a distinct advantage sometimes too.

Did you see private message?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Timbee

Post by Timbee »

Tom fod wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:12 pm Hi Tim

egrettably we're not as busy as Social Media where a lot of the discussion is.
We've had professionals in the Horticultural mention gardening before.

While the pace is slower here that can be a distinct advantage sometimes too.

Did you see private message?
Yes, I saw your message. Thanks for the answer, Tom. I hope, too, that the forum will get more daily activity. I'll contribute as much as I can.

Then I'll describe my garden a bit, maybe others will see and join the conversation.
It's a modest-sized space that I've filled with a mix of perennials and annuals to keep color blooming from spring to fall. I've got a corner dedicated to herbs like basil, thyme, and rosemary - they're really handy for cooking and smell amazing in the morning dew.
I've sectioned off a small area for a vegetable patch with growing tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers. It's been a rewarding effort to nurture them from seeds - it's absolutely delightful to watch them flourish and then enjoy the fruits of my labor.
One of my favorite parts of the garden is my rattan dining set, a recent addition to it. It's nestled right in the garden's heart, where I spend most of my time. I chose it for its comfort and the way it naturally fits with the garden aesthetic.
Around the edges, I've planted some climbers and creepers, which I'm training to grow up some trellises, hoping for that secret garden vibe when they mature.
To set the mood in the evening, there's soft lighting from lanterns that hang from the trees and a few garden spikes lighting along the path and around the seating area.
That's about it.
Last edited by Timbee on Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Car mad kaz

Post by Car mad kaz »

I’m no gardener but would love to grow basil thyme and rosemary, do you just grow them outside. Some advice would be great.