Wrong End of the Stick

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

GWhizz
Regular Poster

Wrong End of the Stick

Post by GWhizz »

Sometimes when having meetings with people or speaking to someone I get the complete wrong idea about them. It could be a little look they give or something they have said and from that I get angry and then next week it's like oh! does anyone else get this?
All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you - Gandalf
Lumic
Power poster

Post by Lumic »

all the time espec wen someone makes a joke i take it to heart n dont realise till someone points it out that they were joking #-o
my aviator reminds me not to do what i always do
donnaf
Power poster

Post by donnaf »

I can take people the wrong way cause I have trouble understanding peoples expressions or tones of voice sometimes, and I can either get really sensetive over something when no harm was meant, or at times I cant tell when someone is being horrible to me. I had a really horrible boss at one job, and I didnt realise exactly how horrible he was being to me, blaming me for stuff I hadn't done but cause he didnt get to the point I didnt see it, it wasn't till someone pointed it out that I realised. I often end up askin my fella to tell me if someone is angry or whatever, I find it hard to understand people on TV and in films and have to ask to have them explained to me sometimes.
I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never ever gonna keep me down :D

robyn

Post by robyn »

Im the opposite, I have a very strong gut insticnt, I allways get a feel for people and can read emotions really well when others dont pick up on them at all.
donnaf
Power poster

Post by donnaf »

I have a strong gut instinct but its more for things that are gonna happen or I get a feeling if someone is keeping something from me.
I rely on my gut feeling a lot cause it's never really failed me, it just that it doesn't work in the way Robyn's does, that would be sooo useful!
I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never ever gonna keep me down :D

Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

I do it a lot. I tend to assume that I don't understand someone/someones point till I've confirmed it a few times. I don't understand how people can get so worked up over something that's been said once - seems like asking for trouble to me.
Azorean8
New member - welcome them!

Re:

Post by Azorean8 »

robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:36 pm Im the opposite, I have a very strong gut insticnt, I allways get a feel for people and can read emotions really well when others dont pick up on them at all.
I am like that as well. I just need about a minute to read a person. Evereryone has a spe ific energy and this is something that fake smiles cannot hide.