Fatigue from Dyspraxia - Common?

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

NonStop
New member - welcome them!

Fatigue from Dyspraxia - Common?

Post by NonStop »

Hello, first time posting, I've wondered how much of my general weariness/fatigue is from dyspraxia? I got diagnosed with dyspraxia as a kid (had to have physical therapy and speech therapy) but only realised a couple of years ago that its a life-long condition!

Anyways, I've always had fairly low energy/get tired easily - and my fatigue definitely gets worse when I go through a period of not sleeping well, but its always really there, especially as the day wears on. Noticed in particularly that now I'm commuting into the office I am wiped when I get home - so much so that I've had to cancel martial arts after work and just exercise in the mornings when I feel relatively fresh. But like I said I'm wondering how much of this is being caused by dyspraxia and if other people experience fatigue?
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Fatigue from Dyspraxia - Common?

Post by Tom fod »

Hi and Welcome

It can depend on a lot of things and many with Dyspraxia have additional conditions. There' s no way set way we present as dyspraxics.

If your commute takes a lot of energy being alert whilst driving or having to make transport connections after a potentially intense/ draining / stressful day in the office feeling wiped out when you get home might be expected.

If this is completely new and ip until recently you've had boundless energy, speaking to a Dr or other medical professional would be advisable.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
FromtheHill
New member - welcome them!

Re: Fatigue from Dyspraxia - Common?

Post by FromtheHill »

I am super low energy! I have learned to pace myself with physical activities (if I am stuck doing them.). I have low physical strength from Dyspraxia. Add in days when Im burning through my daily allotment of Frustration tolerance and I am wiped out.

If Im sick - my energy plummets. If I slept terrible the night before then the energy will suffer the next day.

For me - I do treat myself real nice at times. Do something special for myself regardless if I 'earned it.' Just living with Dyspraxia is a reason to self-comfort and build up the stamina for the next day ahead!