Kevin from Chester

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

mathmosman
New member - welcome them!

Kevin from Chester

Post by mathmosman »

hello I’m Kevin from Chester…

Bizarrely I only heard of Dyspraxia today… I’d been off sick with some of my usual symptoms and at the end of the day, my wife was telling me that perhaps I do suffer from it.

I already have a movement disorder - paroxysmal dystonia, which can be nasty, but my inability to get a grip with my current workload, dizziness, lack of short term memory - I could go on, made us question this…

So I work in marketing and comms, love Disney theme parks, architecture and Mathmos lava lamps.

Hi everyone!
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Kevin from Chester

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Kevin

Welcome to the Forum.

Dyspraxia is v often not the only condition people have and there are quite a few other conditions that cooccurr. Not heard of Paroxymal dystonia or know much if anything. Quite a few (but not all) dyspraxics can have some degree of hypotonia. Often other diagnoses can overshadow dyspraxia so they don't bother telling you and/or include it on your patient record.This is often invalidating as too many people are told and/or wrongly believe 'the 'problem is their attitude!"

This is totally unfair and often has a significant and serioud effect on that person and their emotional wellbeing and confidence. Often we're at war with ourselves and employing unsustainable coping strategies like perfectionism to hide.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)