Unsympathetic manager

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

invisible2012@
Getting settled in

Unsympathetic manager

Post by invisible2012@ »

Hi I was working preschool and after school club. And manager asked me to sit with children doing beads .I explained I struggle due to dyspraxia with tying knots etc and she refused just offered to come and show me how to tye knots .This was a horrible experience and really made me upset
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Unsympathetic manager

Post by Tom fod »

invisible2012@ wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:33 pm Hi I was working preschool and after school club. And manager asked me to sit with children doing beads .I explained I struggle due to dyspraxia with tying knots etc and she refused just offered to come and show me how to tye knots .This was a horrible experience and really made me upset
I'm sorry you had to experience this. Please remember it's a failing of empathy and understanding on her part.

Regrettably we will always have to deal with this kind of thing in some form. She'd clearly decided that the children were going to do beads and clearly and regrettably didn't have the patience to listen to your concerns.

It is not right or fair but sadly something we all experience in some form or another.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
invisible2012@
Getting settled in

Post by invisible2012@ »

Thank you Tom.i tried to solve the situation by asking to swap with a staff member who's good at that .The staff member.agreed but she refused saying it wasn't fair x
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

She refused? as in your manager refused to allow the swap of duties/activity?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
invisible2012@
Getting settled in

Post by invisible2012@ »

Yes she did ,she said it wasn't fair.i explained I asked the lady who is good at beads and she was happy to swap but manager still wouldn't let me swap.
stephaniesays
New member - welcome them!

Post by stephaniesays »

oh i used to get this from my manager too. being told it’s “not fair” on the other person who didn’t have dyspraxia. they always acted like it wasn’t real and didn’t care. that’s mean behaviour and unreasonable not to let you swap.