Hello I’m new on here

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Gina86
New member - welcome them!

Hello I’m new on here

Post by Gina86 »

Hi everyone! My name is Georgie and I’m 36! I had dyspraxia all my life! I would love to make some new friends on here! My hobbies are arts and crafts, shopping, listening to music, going to the cinema and pen-palling! I love spending time with my family and friends! I love Disney and unicorns! My favourite colours are pink and purple! Hope to hear from you soon! xxxx
Sarah113732

Re: Hello I’m new on here

Post by Sarah113732 »

Hi Georgie

Nice to meet you. I am a 49 year old speech therapist and have mild dyspraxia. I drive an automatic car as I couldnt coordinate my hands and feet well enough to pass my test with a geared car.
What strategies help you with your dyspraxia? I tend to write lists otherwise I forget what I have to do. I also have to be really organised, and label everything so I know where I have put things, as I forget.
Best wishes
Sarah
Gina86

Re: Hello I’m new on here

Post by Gina86 »

Hey Sarah!

Nice to meet you too! Dyspraxia effects my speech! I have got a condition called dysarthria! I’m sure you have come across it as you are a speech therapist! Do you enjoy your job? Do you work in a school, hospital or in the community? I can’t drive at all and I don’t want too! I’m scared too!

I don’t really know what strategies help me cos I’ve also got mental health and signs of autism! I have got strategies but I’m mainly used them for my mental health or feeling overwhelmed!

I do write things down for meetings and that and questions I’ve got to ask and I do like being very organised! I like things to be tidy! What effects or how does your dyspraxia effects you?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thank you for replying to me!

Take care!

Georgie xx