Hello!

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SandySchultz
New member - welcome them!

Hello!

Post by SandySchultz »

Sandy here. Posting from Wisconsin USA. I graduated from university in 2010 with a degree in computer information systems...aka software development. I had been dxed with severe adhd and did well with accommodations. I have significant issues with directionality. They're coming back out as I study Leetcode (prep for technical interviews). But a dx is half the solution. If i have a name for it, I can find ways to cope with it.

So, I'm here to find out more about this aspect of the adhd and ways to problem solve it. There has to be an answer.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Hello!

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Sandy and welcome

So often dyspraxia appears to experience a lack of recognition and acceptance in the USA and Autism and ADHD seem to be the more common diagnoses.

There is much crossover between the traits of different neurodivergent conditions so it can be difficult to determine what the traits are actually indicative of.

Trying to be kind to and patient with ourselves isn't always easy when we're trying to fit in a world/society more geared towards those who think more Neurotypically. It's a difficult balancing act!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)