Hello all

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

abath257
New member - welcome them!

Hello all

Post by abath257 »

Hi there,
My names Andy,
I have come here via the NHS website. Basically i have been seeing a therapist for some time for issues with anxiety and during that time i found that i had some sort of issues that seemed to resemble people i knew who are autistic. So I asked for an autism referral and during the referral they said basially I have traits of dyspraxia and dyscalculia but not autism, which i would agree with.

I was wondering if anyone here has any family memebrs that show signs of dyspraxia as i can see a lot of traits amongst my family, especially my younger great nieces, who were quite late to walk/talk etc?
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Hello all

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Andy.
Firstly welcome to the Forum.

There some aspects of dyspraxia and coping strategies we might adopt to try to counteract it that crossover with traits associated with Autism

Research into Dyspraxia is limited and no genetic cause has been identified or proven, that said many can often point to another family member who displays similar traits.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)