Tom fod
Administrator

Please watch. Opinions appreciated

Post by Tom fod »

https://youtu.be/jFwxBr24GII

I think this is very good.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Xenavire
Power poster

Re: Please watch. Opinions appreciated

Post by Xenavire »

Good message, well thought out. The issues with sound quality and volume between different microphones detracts from it a little, but hopefully not enough for people to dismiss the message out of hand.

And, as usual, I've learned even more about Dyspraxia - I didn't realise it impacted the ability to modulate the volume and pitch of your voice, which would explain why everyone tells me I whisper so loud the whole house can hear it. Oops. :-$
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Pete from Dyspraxia & Life put it together from lots of clips sent to him from all the people involved. I think their recorfing it on all kinds of devices means the sound levels are regrettably a bit up and down.

Don't much like my voice.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
Xenavire
Power poster

Post by Xenavire »

Oh, you are in the video? I'd probably pass on being part of a similar video myself (it's a privacy thing, not a confidence thing), but I'd certainly be able to help out with script writing if there were more like this coming. Not that I've ever written a script before, but I'm sure I could find a way to be useful.

It would be pretty handy (if these ever need a more professional touch) to have a location to meet and film at. That way the same equipment would be used, guaranteeing the same audio and visual quality across the board. But for what it is, it's already very good. Whoever edited it did a great job.
Andrew_S_Hatton
Power poster

Post by Andrew_S_Hatton »

I hope that you are involved with the Dyspraxia and Life Magazine and maybe also a memeber of The dyspraxia Foundation - to be more involved.

I mostly stay on the sidelines myself now - but was active at one time.

Also remember to to subscribe to messages and and threads to get emails telling you when replies are sent and new posts about this and other topics that are of interest to you.

Also ask questions - in any thread - hopefully some will know the answer and if you do not get an answer - ask again.

Thanks for your offer to be involved.

(I am not able to link a picture of thoat tick box -in case you cannot see it - but I hope this links takes you to a picture)

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5EF81DCD
Andrew_S_Hatton
Power poster

TEST

This is what I was trying to post

Andrew_S_Hatton
Power poster

But not quite so small - I'll stop now!

SORRY for the interuption and distraction
Tom fod
Administrator

Re:

Post by Tom fod »

Andrew_S_Hatton wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:01 am But not quite so small - I'll stop now!

SORRY for the interuption and distraction
Not at all Thank you. It helps people to know how to set alerts for when someone responds to their post.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

The new luddite
Getting settled in

Post by The new luddite »

Yeah I think it gets all of the important points over and highlights the fact that their are more of us than you might think.
Congrats to everybody who has the guts to be in it I couldn't, it'd be nice if it could be made into one of those short informational films
you get on T.V. sometimes (Dyspraxic party political broadcast anyone :) ) it'd save a lot of explaining.
Next time some tries to tell me I'm Dyslexic or just clumsy I'll send them the link.