You know you're dyspraxic when

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kell
New member - welcome them!

Post by Kell »

I did the whole intro thingy on the Introductions forum...should be the first one \:D/

You know you're dyspraxic when...

After having to sit atop of a suitcase (which is on top of a bed) to get it to close...you can't work out how to get back down off it again!

This happened to me just a few hours ago! Took me a good 5 minutes to work out all I had to do was shuffle forward enough to get my feat to touch the floor and 'bounce' off it!

Also...

When you have to start packing a month in advance....and still end up doing a rushed job the day before! Mainly because a) you can't remember to pack, b) you don't have the spacial awareness to pack well and c) you don't quite have the co-ordiantion to sit on it and zip it all at the same time.

and of course...my personal favourite..
When you start writing with your left hand, wonder why the writing is all smudged and messier than usual...then five minutes later realise that you're right handed- I do this all the time...mainly early in the morning while half-asleep
jme
Regular Poster

Post by jme »

i dont know if this counts as dyspraxia related or not but...
...#-o
...#-o
.... I thought the party i was invited to this w/end was on SUNDAY (despite reading the invite enough times). turns out it was on SATURDAY! luckily one of my friends rang me to see where i was. got there a few hours late but was still good.

...DOH #-o
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."

"Normal refers to someone who hasn’t had enough tests!"
carrie
Getting settled in

Post by carrie »

you are proud beyond belief that you didnt kill yourself or break qanything whilst a bridesmaid iun full length dress and heels
NOTHING MAKES LIFE MORE INTERESTING THAN THE WONDERS OF DYSPRAXIA

(*)CARRIE(*)
Lumic
Power poster

Post by Lumic »

you know your dyspraxic when you break 3 bones in a month falling up the satirs bare footed and sober. (i had the joy of that last jan shattered my wrist , and 2 bones in both foot!!)

when you walk in to the bank up to the cashier and think what the hell am i doing i wanted the post office ( i did that today!!)
my aviator reminds me not to do what i always do
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

you know your dypraxic when you loose your purse indefinately! becuase you never had one!! as most blokes have wallets!

you know you are dyspraxic when you go to get pre-payments done, and you forgotten where the **** you put the cards!

you know you are dyspraxic when you can't remember what you wanted becuase the cashier asks you something, and you forgotten what it was you needed!

luckily I haven't been as bad as keljohno! touch woo....hang about touch wood!! luckily it is only brusises, and scrapes I get. god only knows how! as when in junior school we had concrete stairs, which is less forgiving than wood!
carrie
Getting settled in

Post by carrie »

you spill half a plate worth of two sepearate meals in two days
NOTHING MAKES LIFE MORE INTERESTING THAN THE WONDERS OF DYSPRAXIA

(*)CARRIE(*)
Esioul
Power poster

Post by Esioul »

I lose stuff all the time, and spill stuff.

Heels- evil, evil things. luckiyl I am too tall for the damn things anyway. Nightmare.
Miss Jayney
Getting settled in

Post by Miss Jayney »

you manage to nock your mouse off the computer desk, then trip over the wire cussing and cursing carefully walk away only to bang your elbow on the door handle.

*shakes fist at room*
Ruth
Power poster

Post by Ruth »

you know you're dyspraxic when you forget the way to work ( where you've been working for 4 months) take a wrong turn and get lost in a town you've lived in for 15 years!!

Fortunately being used to this sort of thing you calmly drive on until things become familiar again and you con find your way!
littlelostkitten
Getting settled in

Post by littlelostkitten »

you know it when you throw something at the bin, knock the bin over and everything falls all over the floor, making the job take longer than if you'd just walked over to the bin in the first place...
donnaf
Power poster

Post by donnaf »

......when you drop n break one of the last of your set of lovely big coffee mugs, and the one that remains has a chip in it that u put in whilst washing it up! =D>
I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never ever gonna keep me down :D

Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

can't remember where you put something you really need.

like I am trying to find my theory test pass certificate now! but can't remember where I put it last!

P.S. 150 posts!! nearly catching up with Dan, lol \:D/
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

1. you fall off your chair so regularily that its becoming a routine thing, (it appears to be this way for me at te moment at least).

2. whereas others collect stamps/autographs etc, it appears to others as if you collect bruises, because of constantly bumping into things / falling off things etc.

3. when you are late for something, that instead of wondering why you are late, your friends instead ask you how it can still possibly take you that long to get yourself organised and find your keys....... (the most frequent reason i'm late for things is that i've been looking for my keys for half an hour, only to find them in the most obviouys of places)
lauraj
Getting settled in

Post by lauraj »

Hi,

new to the forum but i've been reading this post and laughing my head off, i do most of these things i can't believe there are other people like me! I feel so relieved.

This morning i came into work, got myself a glass of water and knocked it over straight away, all over my files too. They are now drying out by the window, lol.

The other week, I went to scrape my plate and i have a bin that you press to open. anyway, i pressed the top and it opened and knocked the plate out of my hand and it smashed over the floor. I remember thinking 'oh well, one less plate to wash' :lol:
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

haha - i like that thought - less washing up. :D I started off having a bit of a bad morning today: I got up and found i'd lost: my keys, my watch, my phone, my notes-book, and my pad of paper. :-s SO i had no idea what time it was, and couldnt leave for my lectures anyway coz i had no keys. Funny how they turn up in the most obvious of places...

Then i: found my keys in my door, left, found my watch in my pocket ( i swear it wasnt there when i looked earlier), borrowed some paper, then got home and found my notebook in the middle of the floor. (how i possibly could have missed it i dont know - i looked everywhere for that!). Still i have yet to find my phone and pad of paper. #-o

Haha = at least it gives me a reason to avoid doing any work for that bit longer. :D