Moderator Wanted

News, information, rules and FAQs about the forum will be posted here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Pooky
Administrator

Moderator Wanted

Post by Pooky »

We are seeking a new moderator, if you are interested then send me a message. Let me know why you would like to be a mod.

A mod needs to be around daily to check on the forum.
Pooky
Administrator

Re: Moderator Wanted

Post by Pooky »

It seems the many moderators for the board have not been around for ages, so I am on the search for some new ones as unfortunately the spammers seem to be attacking the board recently. :( So I am on the lookout for someone who is around daily who can look after the forum.
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

I'm still here pooky, but could really use an extra pair of hands

Kirsty
Pooky
Administrator

Post by Pooky »

Anyone want to come aboard for moderation?

The board is constantly being spammed and I am not around as often as I should be to delete so could really do with some extra help to keep on top of it.
BinaryBovine
Getting settled in

Post by BinaryBovine »

I'm kind of busy over the holidays but once the school term starts in a week I should be free to help moderate. I'm new to this forum but not to forums in general, give me the basic rules to follow and enforce and I should be able to help I think. PM me if you think I can help in any way...
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

Hi all, just to let you know I am a Mod here, even though Pooky hasn't done a post for me yet. but think Pooky is still looking for another Mod.
RedRevolver
Getting settled in

Post by RedRevolver »

[quote="Shadwell"]Hi all, just to let you know I am a Mod here, even though Pooky hasn't done a post for me yet. but think Pooky is still looking for another Mod.[/quote]

Hello, Shadwell 'ere...
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

I sometimes think I need to take a back seat sometimes. We rarely have much 'trounlble'. If there is I'm usually the first to 'pounce' and deal with it. Any thoughts/constructive criticism are welcome.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
RedRevolver
Getting settled in

Post by RedRevolver »

[quote="Tom fod"]I sometimes think I need to take a back seat sometimes. We rarely have much 'trounlble'. If there is I'm usually the first to 'pounce' and deal with it. Any thoughts/constructive criticism are welcome.[/quote]

Well, if you're not enjoying yourself, probably. If you enjoy it, don't?

You're a great person to talk to Tom but if there's any underlying 'I'm finding this a bit too much responsibility' then, I think you're right. There isn't much trouble and where there is it's usually misunderstandings/sensitive topics and there doesn't seem to be much of that. A lot of forums are a lot worse. :P
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Thank you Just to clarify, I sometimes wonder if I’m too prolific and if I was slower to respond, people might be more inclined to answer each other’s posts? However, I’m also quite conscious that if someone posts and sounds (to me) quite distressed it is a bit cruel/unkind for them to have to wait days for a response to their ‘cry for help’.

Looking after this forum is something that is on the whole very rewarding and really not that big a drain on my time or energy. I passionately feel/hope it is a useful source of info and comfort to many who simply visit to read the forum posts but are shy/reticent about posting themselves.

People have praised the fact that I (we) have a pleasant atmosphere here and I am pleased that is so. Any credit for that is due also to ‘ordinary’ members who themselves are amazing, kind and decent folk.The world needs more like us.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
cricketman123
Getting settled in

Post by cricketman123 »

Tom you do an amazing job as a Moderator. I am a member of a couple of other forums and I am not kidding when I say you are one of the nicest and kindest
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Apologies for not saying Thank You sooner, but thank you
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

Dan
Power poster

Post by Dan »

I have no idea if you're still looking for a moderator, but I'm reasonably active here, so I feel that I am up for the task. In terms of why I'd *want* to be a moderator, it's more to just help with running the forum. I don't have an authoritarian bone in me, so it's not like I'd abuse the power, heh. If anything, I find having power over people a little distressing, as I constantly second-guess myself. Anyway, if that's a sufficient explanation and you are indeed still looking for a mod, let me know. :)
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Dan
Thanks for offer will keep you in mind. Most work is removing spam posts and banning the poster. we rarely have trouble or fierce disagreement requiring active moderation.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator