A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

firemonkey
Power poster

General cogitive assessment -Cognifit

Post by firemonkey »

https://www.cognifit.com/cognitive-asse ... itive-test

https://www.cognifit.com/science/cognit ... perception

I was surprised at my spatial perception score of 608/800 which is a high score. In reality I have a poor sense of direction. Also I have always been poorly coordinated.

High scores apart from spatial perception were contextual memory 402,auditory short term memory 742, inhibition 429,updating 478, visual perception 469,estimation 607,visual scanning 605.

Low scores were planning 99, visual short term memory 37,non-verbal memory 99,hand-eye co-ordination 8,recognition 181 (Blurb says it's high score but in red for low score) .

Moderate scores though below 400/800 were shifting 292,processing speed 329,naming 346,short term memory 307,working memory 360,focused attention 307,divided attention 310,response time 297,auditory perception 214.

I am wondering with the high spatial perception score whether I should question dyspraxia .
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: General cogitive assessment -Cognifit

Post by Tom fod »

I think you have to be careful here as we rarely if ever fit a stereotypical model of what someone with dyspraxia (and /or X other near diverse condition) should be like, can/can't do etc.

Maybe your spatial perception is one of the (possibly many) exceptions to the rule, or you have managed to develop this as a 'skill' from making a concerted conscious effort not to bump into other people/things.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
firemonkey
Power poster

Re: General cogitive assessment -Cognifit

Post by firemonkey »

Tom fod wrote:I think you have to be careful here as we rarely if ever fit a stereotypical model of what someone with dyspraxia (and /or X other near diverse condition) should be like, can/can't do etc.

Maybe your spatial perception is one of the (possibly many) exceptions to the rule, or you have managed to develop this as a 'skill' from making a concerted conscious effort not to bump into other people/things.
I have since tried various games including those for spatial perception and seen my score for that drop dramatically which makes me question the general cognitive assessment or at least the spatial perception part .