Greetings

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Xam
Getting settled in

Greetings

Post by Xam »

Howdy.
It's been a long time I wanted to register, but well forums aren't as popular as they used to be. But considering the almost non-existent ressources and support for us, I had to come by.

I won't give my real name for now. Sorry. I'm from France, I'm a dyspraxic boy whom is in his mid-20's. I'm full of anger with the "ableist" world around me, it's so-called "innocence", it's charades, and amorality. I will hold on there.
I like a lot of stuff in life, but first and foremost music. And mostly Hardcore and some Metal stuff, even thought I'm pretty open-minded and curious overall when it come to culture. I have some hobbies here and there, I might talk about it later.

The main reason I came here of course is that I have to face some issues, mostly social and affective ones (how surprising), and because I feel pretty much alone and misunderstood as dyspraxic (even though I've been trying to explain to my relatives HOW challenging is our lives in their world).

So I don't know what else to say at the moment. See you.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Greetings

Post by Tom fod »

Bonjour et bienvenue. Votre anglais est much better than mon Francais so I will switch back to English from here.

There is sadly still too little understanding and/or practical assistance so I too found this forum was the most useful resource I've found We have members from all over the world here and whilst not all affected in the same way or to the same degree we support each other. Whilst we might cautiously say awareness is improving there still feels like it is never enough and that is frustrating, infuriating and demoralising by turns and it is so difficult to describe our difficulties to others in a way they can understand so we often feel like we're bashing our heads against a brick wall.

I hope that by reading others' posts and/or posting your own questions and thoughts we can help you.

This thread may also be of interest:
http://www.dyspraxicadults.org.uk/forum ... nch#p28064

All the Best
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Rozy03
New member - welcome them!

Post by Rozy03 »

Hi Xam
I know how you feel I too joined for the same reasons, hope you find what your looking for.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Welcome to you too Rozy
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
Xam
Getting settled in

Post by Xam »

Thanks for your kind words both of you.
I hope my engrish will be good enough though. I'm not above making mistakes. :P

And thank you Tom, both for the founding of this very forum and for the link. :D
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

You're welcome the credit for founding the Forum is due to Dan and Pooky. I didn't discover the forums till 2010/11. Don't worry about making mistakes we won't judge you.

Pooky still loks after technical aspects whilst I do a most of the moderation
Tom
Moderator/Administrator