princes trust 12 week course

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

invisible2014
Regular Poster

princes trust 12 week course

Post by invisible2014 »

Hi I was looking into this to boost my confidence,the twelve week course for 16-25 but I dint think its for me sounds like my worst nightmare everything practical,residential truo football,I love the work experience side and I think that sounds great however not practical side i wouldn't like residential trip food school dinners etc,I think I need to do. Work experience maybe to boost confidence but bot this course as would be my worst nightmare like pe was at school,I hate practical things like abseiling,football etc
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Re: princes trust 12 week course

Post by invisible2014 »

Hi all I need your advice,ive been applying for jobs have been invited to a trial shift not sure if its worth going as its only 2/3 hours five days and the cost of bus as its 40 min journey each way
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: princes trust 12 week course

Post by Tom fod »

Stepping outside your comfort zone really could turn out to be good thing but at the end of the day it's your decision

As for the work trial is this for 2-3 hours per day for five days? Is it paid? Do the bus service times and frequency line up conveniently and if it goes well could you stomach doing that journey everyday? What would the transport costs be?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)