Lost in translation?

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

KirbyKitty
Getting settled in

Lost in translation?

Post by KirbyKitty »

At least this is how I feel, when I associate myself with the majority of people around me.

Here to read about people's experiences with Dyspraxia. I also have it. Sometimes, I come across very differently, from how I hoped it would.

My interests are music, movies, homebuddy hobbies and I enjoy being encouraged in a positive way by my personal trainer. Not so long ago moved county. So living there to look for work.

Looking forward in getting to know people here.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Lost in translation?

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Kirbykitty and a very warm welcome
I'd say a lot of us struggle with being misinterpreted or even just the fear of it. It's my main source of anxiety though there are good people on our wavelemgth so try not to despair.

It`s not an exclusive thing to those of us with dyspraxia though we do tend to get it more of than we want or need. We just have to exercise our persistence and creativity to get through.to people sometimes.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
BrightLights789
New member - welcome them!

Post by BrightLights789 »

Hi KirbyKitty :)

I'm new to the forum aswell, and my introductory post touches upon how I've always felt a bit different to most people - before and after my diagnosis. Its clichéd, but I always tell myself that if everyone was the same, then the world would be a very boring place. I sometimes worry about how I come across (for instance, I'm TERRIBLE at explaining things and it can make me look a bit incompetent and my memory isn't great), but at some point I think everyone, regardless of whether they have dyspraxia or not, has to just say 'this is me, take it or leave it.' Make no apologies for the way your wired! If I feel like I've done something 'wrong' or come across in a certain way, I just tell myself that in 100 + years, no one will care anyway :)

Hope this helps!
Don't worry if Plan A fails... There are 25 more letters in the alphabet :banana:
uniquecharlie
Getting settled in

Post by uniquecharlie »

Hey I feel like I'm always worried about saying the wrong thing or how I come across. It's very tough but welcome to the forum :)
no i may not be physically alone, but mentally there is noone in sight
JamesAnthony91
Regular Poster

Post by JamesAnthony91 »

Hi, remember what Musashi wrote: everything you need is within yourself. You'll be fine :D