Feeling Pathetic

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jake468
Getting settled in

Feeling Pathetic

Post by Jake468 »

This sounds quite ridiculous but I recently found out that I'm down on my work rotor for a wholee lot of overtime on what would have been my days off..just wondering if dyspraxics are more likely to be heavily brought down by minor bad news such as this or if it's just due to my own personal inadequacy?
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Feeling Pathetic

Post by Tom fod »

You have a right to your days off whether or not you have plans. It's not wrong to question why you've been rostered on those days. It could be a genuine error by whoever drew up the rota. You might choose to say well I want thos day but I could do that day.
Where does being inadequate or pathetic come into it?

Dyspraxia does tend to interfere with one's sense of 'being in control' which is not always easy to deal with.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Tomtom
Regular Poster

Post by Tomtom »

My first thoughts from reading this are that the most important thing to address is your statement of your own 'personal inadequacy'. That's a really unhealthy attitude to have, especially if it leads you to blame yourself because you feel bad because you're been messed around by a poor schedule. You are well within your right to be really brought down by it!
morgank82
Regular Poster

Post by morgank82 »

Hey jake,
Don't worry , dyspraxica can make you feel more ware and tare if things is not going your way , I keep finding out myself o my own dyspraxica. Meditation is the answer , if u can 15 min 2 times a day if u feel heated or over stimulated, it works for me at times not all though . But it helps defently when it does. It resets your brain nerves to flow calmly so u can pick up stuff more to succeed in a non heated or flare situation, meaning lost control or like what Tom said your senses being over stimulated. It's hard but I know anybody can meditate just have to have patience . I call it the shield of calmness . Your shield will run out it does not last forever, so u have to keep mediation to charge your calmness and then it will give u time to relax and boost up your nerves again in your brain to conquer or least try your best effort.
Take care