Anger problems

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Robert Scotland
Getting settled in

Anger problems

Post by Robert Scotland »

Does anyone else get angry or upset easy. What do you do to cope with it.
Jake468
Getting settled in

Re: Anger problems

Post by Jake468 »

Robert Scotland wrote:Does anyone else get angry or upset easy. What do you do to cope with it.
I can only answer yes, as I have yet to find a coping strategy that does not involve shouting / swearing / hitting things :S
Nyx
Getting settled in

Post by Nyx »

Yes to both. When I want younger I couldn't control my emotions very well at all. but i'm not as angry as i once was but i still struggle with being upset, what helped me was accepting that i was upset/ angry (and the cause of it) and allowing myself to feel those emotions for how ever long by "sitting with it", letting it go and not letting it consume me. I also watch a lot of comedy because it very hard to be angry/ upset when your laughing or doing a hobby. \:D/
Robert Scotland
Getting settled in

Thank you. I usually end up hitting stuff or shout or swear sometimes I end up fighting :*(
Nyx
Getting settled in

Post by Nyx »

Robert Scotland wrote:Thank you. I usually end up hitting stuff or shout or swear sometimes I end up fighting :*(
Your welcome, as annoying as it sounds try not to hit stuff and leave whatever is angering you.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Nyx wrote: I also watch a lot of comedy because it very hard to be angry/ upset when your laughing or doing a hobby. \:D/
I like this idea will have to try it myself. Thanks
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Nyx
Getting settled in

Post by Nyx »

Tom fod wrote:
Nyx wrote: I also watch a lot of comedy because it very hard to be angry/ upset when your laughing or doing a hobby. \:D/
I like this idea will have to try it myself. Thanks
I'm glad, your welcome.
Robert Scotland
Getting settled in

I like watching comedies as well it can help sometimes or even just watching a good film