Advice diagnosis + support groups

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

ardenred
New member - welcome them!

Advice diagnosis + support groups

Post by ardenred »

Hi there

I've just joined this website. I have a couple of questions and I wondered if anyone could give me any advice.
I'm not completely sure I have dyspraxia but I have read many of the symptoms. Can anyone suggest a good place to get a diagnosis?

Also I'm interested in joining a support groups, as I said I'm new to this so I don't know how it works. Are there any kind of social events going on? Be interested to meet people.

Arden
janet
New member - welcome them!

Re: Advice diagnosis + support groups

Post by janet »

Welcome to the website. I am relatively new too.
To help you find someone who can given an assessment for university/college, I found Annette Dickens who lives in Berkshire. She send questionnaires and we had to give lots of background information and a thorough history of early childhood. Then an assessment was done which were mostly puzzles. It was 3 hours long but she was so patient that it went very quickly. She had to follow a report format and she gave us a typed report within 2 weeks. It was worth the journey to see her. Good luck with it all. Janet