You know you're dyspraxic when

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: You know you're dyspraxic when

Post by Tom fod »

Years ago whilst at school I pulled out my handkerchief only to realise that, to my horror, it was a pair of my mother's knickers!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Moot
Power poster

Post by Moot »

^ That's hilarious! Sorry. :p I have done awkward things before kind of like that.
Hopefully not making too many moot points... heh... *ahem* :D
FAndrews
Power poster

Post by FAndrews »

every time you time i go to a party or big social event it takes me a lot of effort to get myself, only to blend in to the background and feel largely ignored and out-of-place :( you feel like you are on the edge of conversations and not part of them.
Cat
New member - welcome them!

Post by Cat »

When you need a satnav yo go to the end of your street
WarriorOfEden

Post by WarriorOfEden »

I know when I am Dyspraxic coz I forget things quite often, I cannot tie shoelaces, aprons etc. and I have pronunciation issues.

I know how it feels to be one of the group :grin: I find everyday life hard but somehow I manage.

Taylor
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

You know you're Dyspraxic when you hand the bus driver last weeks travel ticket... :blush:
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
Welshcakes11
Getting settled in

Post by Welshcakes11 »

You know when your Dysbraxia when your team leader is standing right in front of you and tells you to do something and you totally do something else making her yell, no not that and when you go and do what you think she said for the second time, she yells again and says no, that's when someone else takes over and tells you what to do, why didn't the team
Leader say it like that in the first place. Lol
pouvik
Regular Poster

Post by pouvik »

i think some of these need to be made into meme's (and not the dyspraxic panda one)
scififreak1992
Getting settled in

Post by scififreak1992 »

Alistair wrote: Alcohol affects your body WAY before your mind (this one is scary)
That makes so much sence, is it a dyspraxia thing? I was just confused about how I am not drunk but then suddenly am very much so. I thought I was just being stupid about alcohol!
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

scififreak1992 wrote:
Alistair wrote: Alcohol affects your body WAY before your mind (this one is scary)
That makes so much sence, is it a dyspraxia thing? I was just confused about how I am not drunk but then suddenly am very much so. I thought I was just being stupid about alcohol!
Indeed, I don't know about anyone else but I really don't experience any change in my thought process when drunk. Only physical things, like getting light headed, dizzy, losing my already poor balance etc. But I don't find myself becoming any more socially unihitibitted, I don't say or do things I that wouldn't normally do anyway.

It's for that, that I have limited tolerance of people who explain bad behaviour away with "well I was drunk wasn't i?", it's too easy an excuse. I know some people have genuine problems with alcohol, but for many it's simply a lame excuse.
scififreak1992
Getting settled in

Post by scififreak1992 »

Jim wrote:Indeed, I don't know about anyone else but I really don't experience any change in my thought process when drunk. Only physical things, like getting light headed, dizzy, losing my already poor balance etc. But I don't find myself becoming any more socially unihitibitted, I don't say or do things I that wouldn't normally do anyway.
I stay me when drunk and only seem to get more dyspraxic...I bump into more things, loud sounds and bright lights are so much more distracting. I find it so hard to look and listen to one person because there is so much noise to look at (did that make sence?). Also I seem to get louder, not like I speak more, but the volume increases. I don't notice it but I get told off for shouting so I guess I must do :/
RichardY487
Getting settled in

Post by RichardY487 »

You know you're dyspraxics when you fall.off your chair.for no apparent reason while looking at your phone ](*,)
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

You also know you're Dyspraxic when you trip up on an escalator.
RichardY487
Getting settled in

Post by RichardY487 »

Jim wrote:You also know you're Dyspraxic when you trip up on an escalator.
I did this not so long ago, an old lady came to ask if I was alright and suggested I sit down for 5 minutes
talltree

Post by talltree »

You know you are dyspraxic

(i) when you jump in the car to visit someone....you drive for a couple of minutes and then you realise that you are actually heading in the wrong direction;

(ii) you've been through so many pin numbers you give up and just use one card.

(iii) your always late returning library books

(iv) people give you instructions really fast and then they expect you to remember it. You ask for it to be repeated and then they repeat the instructions back 6 octaves louder (by the way I'm not deaf)!