Deleted Facebook

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

Moot
Power poster

Re: Deleted Facebook

Post by Moot »

Well done! That's a great step. :D Fb frustrates me so, like winding me up how unliked I am compared with other people:/, and I have thought about deleting it a few times... but there are a few small things that have meant I haven't... for now.
Hopefully not making too many moot points... heh... *ahem* :D
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

It`s a bold step. I don`t think having a huge number of fb friends is necessarily a good measure of how popular someone is. It's the quality of the friendships that matters. I use it to keep in touch with friends I don`t see so often but I don`t post much at all.

Found this today useful for anyone who wants to spring clean their FB
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/facebook-priv ... .sep=table
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Nyx
Getting settled in

Post by Nyx »

Well done! I also deleted my Facebook 2 years ago. :banana:
morgank82
Regular Poster

Post by morgank82 »

Good job, I'm still on fb.
and actually trying to spread my dyspraxia wings , to fill people with knowledge or to post links youtube clips about the pressure under dyspraxia, and yes some will be like "what ever" or come up with there own dionosed theory that they have of u, but when I post a link about it , hey u will feel so much better for your anxiety once u be able to do that cuz of it.
I have many people now thanking me, on fb cuz they never knew it existed and so under credit for what serious condition it is.
cheers
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

I have rarely use Facebook, joined in 2007 when the site was much easier and better to use, since a lot of changes have been made over the years, more people joined leaving social site Myspace.

I don't have many friends as it is (not heard from some people I went to school with since 2002/2003 possibly because we have changed internet providers a a few times. I think from school I only have added one friend and his brother, added a couple of ex-work colleagues, a few people from college and that is it. I don't need to add everyone who I have met, known.

I have not even added any family members on FB as I live with my parents, sister phones up a couple of times a week. My mum tells me a few things what my Uncle his wife, my two cousins are up to since at the moment living in the USA.

I prefer the old fashion way of speaking to people, face to face, telephone (not mobile) or the good old letter.

I think FB may be useful in the future as I think the form I was in during secondary school someone might want to orgainsed a get together (but I doubt I will be remembered) But don't like all this FB drama.