Singing / Rhythm

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Marianne90
New member - welcome them!

Singing / Rhythm

Post by Marianne90 »

Hello All,

I am new to this forum. I have not been formally diagnosed but have suspected for a while that I might be dyspraxic. I identify strongly with the symptoms and can relate to a lot of people's experiences.
I wanted to ask if anyone has struggled with singing and rhythm. Since I was a child I was always told I was tone deaf. Having had singing lessons as part of my acting course I now know this is not the case however I do struggle sometimes struggle with tuning but always with timing.
Has anyone had similar experiences? If so what were your strategies to overcome this problem? Do you simply have to be persistent and work harder or is there an alternative method of learning that is more accessible?

Thank you for your help.
Jim
Super poster

Re: Singing / Rhythm

Post by Jim »

Well dyspraxia certainly isn't helpful to having rhythm and signing, I have absolutely no talent for either. But it also doesn't automatically mean you're bad either, I do know of Dyspraxics who very well.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
HelenS
New member - welcome them!

Re: Singing / Rhythm

Post by HelenS »

I think it's quite common. Pre-school dyspraxic kids are usually the ones that won't join in with song time because they can't sing, have no rhythm and sure as hell can't remember all the actions for the wheels on the bus!