Sitcoms

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

LGC2108
Regular Poster

Sitcoms

Post by LGC2108 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:59 am

What Sitcoms do you enjoy? I'd say my favourite sitcoms are Red Dwarf, Dad's Army and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

shadowgirl021
Regular Poster

Re: Sitcoms

Post by shadowgirl021 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:04 pm

Would definitely say Simpsons, Peep Show, Scrubs and Parks and Recreation. Want to so include Monty Python but I do not think that is a sitcom

somanywings
New member - welcome them!

Post by somanywings » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:32 pm

I love all the afore mentioned sitcoms, and definitely in the mood for red dwarf tonight. I spent a few weeks during the summer watching all ten seasons of Friends practically back to back. My fave at the moment though is New Girl, I adore Zooey Deschanel, and consider it to be the modern day or "new" Friends, although grittier and riskier in places. I love 'sweet' sitcoms, How I Met Your Mother being another. I am also addicted to The Big Bang Theory and have a not-so-secret crush on Sheldon Cooper, he is just the sweetest thing in my opinion :-)

Nyx
Getting settled in

Post by Nyx » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:17 pm

modern family

miley selina
New member - welcome them!

Post by miley selina » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:28 pm

Yes, all of them worthy of follow-up but I prefer the cartoon series

Dreamer
Getting settled in

Post by Dreamer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:23 pm

I love big bang theory . Most of my life I feel like Sheldon. And pink Panter is cool too.

RedRevolver
Getting settled in

Post by RedRevolver » Wed May 16, 2018 12:02 am

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Community, Arrested Development, Frasier, Broad City, Peep Show, Green Wing, Spaced, Black Books, Lovesick (it's on Netflix, check it out, it does really well for a sitcom that's just about a love triangle), Lady Dynamite (again Netflix). A lot of old British sitcoms, like Fawlty Towers to Allo Allo to Keeping Up Appearances cultivated my early appreciation of comedy.

Yossarian
Getting settled in

Post by Yossarian » Sat May 19, 2018 8:50 pm

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
The Office (both UK & US versions)
Bojack Horseman
Peep Show
Family Guy
Rick & Morty
The Book Group (a little known sitcom set in Glasgow in the early 2000s)

There are others. I spend a worrying amount of time watching and re-watching episodes of my favourite sitcoms.

RedRevolver
Getting settled in

Post by RedRevolver » Wed May 23, 2018 11:20 pm

Yossarian wrote:It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
The Office (both UK & US versions)
Bojack Horseman
Peep Show
Family Guy
Rick & Morty
The Book Group (a little known sitcom set in Glasgow in the early 2000s)

There are others. I spend a worrying amount of time watching and re-watching episodes of my favourite sitcoms.
I tried to watch that after getting obsessed with Michelle Gomez in Green Wing but it didn't really grab me at the time. Might rewatch it if a fellow Sunny fan enjoyed it. :)

Anyone watching Donald Glover's Atlanta? I'd heard of it, in name only, but gave it a shot last night seeing as the BBC are currently syndicating it. It's actually really, really good. The best situational comedy I've seen in a long while.

Also, I love your username :D And also (double edit here, haha) I do that too, regarding re-watching. Another one I'd add is Monkey Dust for that reason. I've also seen Arrested Development so many times it's a bit ridiculous. Season 5 is out in a few days, yay!

Yossarian
Getting settled in

Post by Yossarian » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:50 pm

RedRevolver wrote
I tried to watch that after getting obsessed with Michelle Gomez in Green Wing but it didn't really grab me at the time. Might rewatch it if a fellow Sunny fan enjoyed it. :)

Anyone watching Donald Glover's Atlanta? I'd heard of it, in name only, but gave it a shot last night seeing as the BBC are currently syndicating it. It's actually really, really good. The best situational comedy I've seen in a long while.

Also, I love your username :D And also (double edit here, haha) I do that too, regarding re-watching. Another one I'd add is Monkey Dust for that reason. I've also seen Arrested Development so many times it's a bit ridiculous. Season 5 is out in a few days, yay!
Hi RedRevolver. I enjoyed Book Group because I'm from the area and I enjoyed the blend of Scottish humour and complex characters. I especially enjoyed the fact that many of the characters were from outside Scotland, which gave a different perspective. It's available on the Channel 4 app.

I haven't really given Atlanta a chance yet, but I liked Donald Glover in Community (he's also great in Solo). Monkey dust is another blast from the past. Haven't watched that one in years. That was some dark humour, but absolutely hilarious. Who can forget the homicidal maniac and his favourite space hopper?