HI THERE!

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Niamh McGlade
Getting settled in

HI THERE!

Post by Niamh McGlade »

Hi guys! I am new to this site. I am a twenty year old dyspraxic girl from Belfast in Ireland. My parents always knew I was dyspraxic but I never found out until I was 11. Primary school was nice but I hated that I could never colour in the lines and it pained me that my handwriting stayed the same when everybody else's handwriting matured. Then I went to an all girl's grammar school which I loved. I now am in my final year studying law with criminology. I am excited to talk to new people with dyspraxia as where I come from it isn't a well known condition. I grew up with people assuming that I was stupid. Which irritated me no end. I knew in my heart I was just as good, just different and good at different things. I hope I make lots of new fellow dyspraxic friends here :)
Moot
Power poster

Re: HI THERE!

Post by Moot »

Welcome to the forum, Niamh! :)
Hopefully not making too many moot points... heh... *ahem* :D
Niamh McGlade
Getting settled in

Post by Niamh McGlade »

Aww Thank you! :D xx
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Niamh

Welcome to the Forums (or Fora). I've moved this post to introductions and hope you don't mind too much.

I too disliked colouring in and various teachers made comments about it. People still make judgements about my intelligence too which I do find annoying. Still sometimes its useful to be underestimated as you can use that to your advantage at a later time and place of your choosing.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)