Dyspraxia and food Intolerance

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

djgard27
Getting settled in

Dyspraxia and food Intolerance

Post by djgard27 »

has any other dyspraxics also got food intolerance?
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Dyspraxia and food Intolerance

Post by Tom fod »

Hi

None that I'm aware of or have made me dangerously ill or otherwise sick.

I believe there is a school of thought that our immune systems may be different or over sensitive. I do get eczema and asthma
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Creative
Super poster

Post by Creative »

I'm intolerant to milk.
monkyvirus
New member - welcome them!

Post by monkyvirus »

I have a wheat intolerance and eczema.
Rosequartz
New member - welcome them!

Post by Rosequartz »

Hi there.

I have dyspraxia and i'm also intollerent to dairy and yeast. I'm also a vegetarian so because of the dairy intollerence I eat a lot of vegan food. I've become quite a good cook over the years and make my own yeast free bread and cook all my meals from scratch, but its very time consuming, if you include the time for washing up etc. But my diet is healthy makes me feel good and gives me energy, so I don't feel I need to alter it. However, it can be difficult for me with jobs because I have to spend most of my spare time preparing meals, and this makes me so tired and frustrated. I'm currently not working and dreading going back to work and trying to balance my daily life with work again. Does anyone else have similar difficulties?
I'm 29 years old and trying to stay positive and productive.
djgard27
Getting settled in

Post by djgard27 »

I get where your coming from Rose somethings take so long im working at the moment and trying to study at nights so really busy just now but some tasks take us dyspraxics so long can be really tired some nights so dont get enough done can be really frustrating so getting the balance right can be difficult but I think its good to be as busy as possible for me anyway. Ive got intolerance to dairy wheat and gluten i do feel more energetic when I watch my diet closely.
screengreen
Power poster

Post by screengreen »

I quite often cheat, like using frozen vegetables, frozen chopped onions etc. I prefer homemade soups to tinned and bought ones due to homemade having less salt and presevatives in, so I will often cheat and buy a bag of frozen veg and some frozen onions and garlic. nutritionally they are meant to be as good as fresh.