Anybody meditate?

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

MikeHess
New member - welcome them!

Anybody meditate?

Post by MikeHess »

Just wondering if anybody meditates, not even because of dyspraxia but just to help keep a nice clear head. I've done it a few times and it's really helped me to take a step back from all the clutter in my head and getter a better perception of things. It has definitely helped with stress and anxiety when I've been able to do it too. I should try and do it more often. I used to do it at Uni, someone from the local Buddhist sanctuary would come in a lead a group for about 40-50 mins but I'm in my final year now and haven't had time to go. Ironic really, the final most stressful year of the degree when meditation would have been most beneficial to and I haven't been able to go lol.
Would be interesting to hear from anyone here who meditates and any tips! Thanks.
Mike
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Re: Anybody meditate?

Post by Captain_Ludd »

No I've never tried it but I've been told its really good for stress relief so Id like to give it a go. (Knowing me I'd probably end up just falling to sleep :) ) .
Catwoman42
Power poster

Post by Catwoman42 »

I go to a guided meditation class. The images I get when meditating are surreal and very vivid.I love it!
minniemoo
Power poster

Post by minniemoo »

I've found mediation and yoga really help with stress relief - not the mad complex yoga where you need to be uberflexible and have wonderful motor skills I hasten to add!!! but the kind where all you need to be able to do is breath! :)

some lovely mediations by Thich Nhat Nanh - really short and can be fitted into everyday - really help... :D
paulo
Getting settled in

Post by paulo »

Yes i meditate as regularly as possible and do some yoga and it has done great things for my dyspraxia.
A great aid to this is something called Binaural beats (found on you tube and other places) its when two sound are bounced off each other whikle you listen to it thru head phones meditating. very calming :ball:
neiladvani89

Post by neiladvani89 »

Nice post. i really like your site. i found it helpful and informative. i think people should go through it.Thank you for sharing.
Zoiendy

Post by Zoiendy »

Anyways, regular meditation practice can be for relieving pain, anxiety and stress.
Tim G
Super poster

Post by Tim G »

I have and do ochangaly - I learnt about it from phycaphersts when i had a really bad time with depression, anxiety etc it did help overall and at did ease things when it got really bad

TBH I really should practices more as it does help you overall even if you feel ok most of the time.
The real Mr Potato Head
stephaniesays

Post by stephaniesays »

Yes - I find it helpful and essential oils - lavender spray and rollerballs are nice.

Focus, Relax etc

Lots of apps and free you tube meditations out there ;)

Insight timer, Headspace
stephaniesays

Post by stephaniesays »

My friend is a counsellor and suggested these ones:

Subscribe to Thomas Hall You tube channel then search through his uploads for binaural beats- organisation- focus or motivation. Use the 2 hour ones during the day whilst you are working. Buy wireless headphones so you can listen at work from your phone.

This is a 2 hour session for organisation..
https://youtu.be/_j6dCCkLbec

This is the one for focus that keeps me on task, I listen to this on repeat until the task is done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28ZN_3V43TY
pixiewithdocs
Getting settled in

Post by pixiewithdocs »

@stephaniesays thanks for the rec! Liked the Thomas hall vids, think they're under a different name now, really felt different whilst trying to do some coursework recently.
Aorta/tattoo the artery/with acute artistry
bookworm
Getting settled in

Post by bookworm »

I have tried. It doesn't come naturally and I find the breathing exercises difficult.