Dyspraxic Pets

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Moot
Power poster

Dyspraxic Pets

Post by Moot »

An amusing notion, but hear me out!

One of my cats growing up seemed more clumsy and lacking perhaps in a sharp mind. Another current cat seems too to have 'dyspraxic' traits - seems quite slow at times and sometimes is clumsy at jumping and stuff. There's other things I could mention to this, but I can't think at the moment. Curious that I should have two in my lifetime that seem to be less alert than their sibling. But no less gorgeous! :D For cats I say, why not? They rely so much on their agility, coordination and quick responses that it makes sense that if their brains are tweaked in a small way at birth then such clumsy traits would occur.

I've never owned dogs but I think it goes without saying - some dogs do seem to lack coordination and the like.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before and if it's in the wrong board!

Any thoughts on this? :)

Edit: Should add my cats also don't seem to understand how to do certain things properly. Like using the litter tray my cat doesn't hide her toileting properly or scratches her paw against the tray bit rather than the litter stuff. Also they were/are both nervy cats.

Eh... I thought it was interesting to note, anyway!
Hopefully not making too many moot points... heh... *ahem* :D
Tim G
Super poster

Re: Dyspraxic Pets

Post by Tim G »

Lol dyspraxic pets :P

I may find it funny but I have found some similarities as well
I sometimes walk a dog for someone, the dog is a red setter they are known for being bouncy and scatty, she is big and looks like a sheep :lol:. I am sure we can all understand when I say everyone knows the dog is about as its running all over the place, knocking things over, not really knowing whats going on etc.

I could say that the dog is dyspraxic or it may be because of its breed as red setters are like this (different breeds have different trates) its a lovely dog though and we seam to relate to each other. - Its like she understands me and can relate to it.

I don't know about cats though, although I am fine with any animals I am not a 'cat person' i prefer dogs any day.
The real Mr Potato Head
Moot
Power poster

Re: Dyspraxic Pets

Post by Moot »

Some of it may be due to the dog's breed, but some really do seem to have clumsy traits, regardless! Glad it's not just me who sees these kinds of traits in animals. XD
Hopefully not making too many moot points... heh... *ahem* :D