Difficulty at work

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Syndicki
New member - welcome them!

Difficulty at work

Post by Syndicki »

Hi everyone,

I have been working in financial services for about 6 years. Over the past year I had some personal problems which led to me ' slacking off' I got into trouble in work and was placed under formal review which eventually would have led to me being sacked as a result of quality, organisational issues etc.

During the course of my review someone gave me feedback and advised that they thought I might be dyslexic. I was tested which was arranged by my employer and it transpired that I was dyslexic as well as dyspraxic.

Since then, the formal review has been put on hold. But really, I'm unsure how to move forward. These are subjects I know little about and for a while I thought I was going to be fired and could not understand how I was making errors.

I want to do well in work, but don't even know where to start... Even a book someone could suggest or if anyone has been in a similar position, it woul be good to hear your thoughts
AlleyCat
Power poster

Re: Difficulty at work

Post by AlleyCat »

Hi Syndicki. I'm impressed that it actually occurred to a colleague to suggest that you might have dyslexia, as practically everyone I've worked with has lacked the awareness to suggest something like that. You may find the following booklet of use, which was produced by the Dyspraxia Foundation not that long ago. You might also want to pass it on to someone at work if you think it could help them to support you:

http://www.dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk/d ... ia_1.0.pdf