Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

ry20
New member - welcome them!

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

Post by ry20 »

I am interested in finding out if people with dyspraxia are more introverted or more extroverted or if there is a equal number of both. I am introvert, what are you?
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Re: Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

Post by Captain_Ludd »

I'd definitely have to go with introvert.
PhilB
Getting settled in

Post by PhilB »

Very very introverted - so seems to be a bit of a trend here. Might just be that us introverted types are more likely to use forums than disucss face to face?
minniemoo
Power poster

Post by minniemoo »

Introvert in the main. But once I feel comfortable with a person (and that takes a very long time) I am quite an extrovert with them...not sure if that makes sense.... :D
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Post by Captain_Ludd »

PhilB wrote: Might just be that us introverted types are more likely to use forums than disucss face to face?
A very good point ! :grin: .
Willr0490
Power poster

Post by Willr0490 »

It depends who I am with. If I am with a person I know well then I am quite extroverted.
calumfsinclair
Regular Poster

Post by calumfsinclair »

Truly I'm an introvert, but I put out that I'm an extrovert at school to keep people off my back! Only my close friends know that it's just a show for the masses!!
Sticks and stones will break your bones, but more often if your dyspraxic!!!
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

I'm predominantly an introvert, but anyone with speech difficulty and who struggles to get a word in edgeways is bound to end up introverted aren't they?

I do have a rather dry and slightly "out of the box" sense of humour though which sometimes works to my advantage, indeed someone recently told me that they liked one of my flippant remarks because it made perfect sense whilst actually making no sense at all.

I can be the biggest paradox you ever did see =P~
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
dragontail
New member - welcome them!

Post by dragontail »

Are we all clear on the definitions of extrovert and introvert? They can be defined different ways. Usually, people think of introverts as the shy ones who don't socialize much and extroverts as the social butterflies. Officially, though, the definition of an introvert is someone who draws strength and energy mainly from being alone, and the definition of an extrovert is someone who draws strength and energy mainly from being with others.

Because of those ways of drawing energy, it is true that introverts are more likely to be comfortable being alone and extroverts are more likely to be highly social and comfortable in social situations. But within that, there's the gregarious introvert and the shy extrovert. A shy extrovert may seem more introverted, and a gregarious introvert may seem more extroverted, but the shy extrovert still draws their strength mainly from others, and the gregarious introvert still draws their strength mainly from being alone. And, of course, there are all kinds of gradations in between.

Myself, I'm a gregarious introvert. At least, I am at this time in my life. When I was younger, I think I was less gregarious. Now, while I am definitely introverted, I'm not particularly shy, I usually don't have any trouble getting along with people, and I'm even comfortable speaking in front of groups. Extreme introverts would not be.
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

Going via those definitions I am very definitely a introvert.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
tara
Getting settled in

Post by tara »

introvert at first and then extrovert (after long time as well)
Tim G
Super poster

Post by Tim G »

I would have to say introvert although I haven't really thought as to what extent but I know I am defiantly not the typical extrovert 'bubbley' type of person those people annoy me - probably because I am so opposite to this.
The real Mr Potato Head
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Post by Captain_Ludd »

Tim G wrote: I am defiantly not the typical extrovert 'bubbly' type of person those people annoy me - probably because I am so opposite to this.
Ditto, its probably a little unfair of me to judge them if I don't really know them but I cant help it, more a flaw in my personality than there's.
minniemoo
Power poster

Post by minniemoo »

Ditto, ditto...they unnerve me...not quite sure why...somehow I don't trust them. Agree - it is unfair of me to do so...but can't help it...

(and yes today I like ...... a lot!) \:D/
Tim G
Super poster

Post by Tim G »

Captain_Ludd wrote:
Tim G wrote: I am defiantly not the typical extrovert 'bubbly' type of person those people annoy me - probably because I am so opposite to this.
Ditto, its probably a little unfair of me to judge them if I don't really know them but I cant help it, more a flaw in my personality than there's.
what do you mean Mr Ludd
The real Mr Potato Head