Motivation

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

foster
New member - welcome them!

Motivation

Post by foster »

So fellows lets get relax and chat about what would you do to motivate yourself for ding some thing. What about Education. How would you motivate yourself about education. For me education period does not go for ever but it is the best time to learn about try try again philosophy. I know the failure some time affects a our personality and metal situation but I will think about where I went wrong and what things I should not repeat next time. What are your idea about this?
Last edited by foster on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
alice3rd
Getting settled in

Re: Motivation

Post by alice3rd »

I feel that the best way to motivate myself is to set small targets that are easy to reach, as when a set bigger targets it takes me far to long to accomplish them because I am easily distracted but when I set smaller ones and i reach them, it motivates me to carry on with the next one.

i am easily demotivated when I decide to set aside whole days with the intention of powering through a tun of work, and end up getting hardly anything done because i am distracted, bored and spend most of the time procrastinating.

All I can say about the try try again philosophy is that it is the philosophy that I adopt, but when you "try again" you should try doing something differently. I know with the try again technique you can feel quite defeated when your "tries" don't work and it can effect you in the future, but i feel its important not to focus on this but to instead just really set your mind to the next attempt !

Hope this helps and I don't sound too bad !

edited by Shadwell (please try not to use profanity on the forum) ty
Tim G
Super poster

Post by Tim G »

I agree with the small targets method, if you assine yourself a lode of work then that can be off putting and leads to procrastinating and reasons for putting it off. Set small targets achieve it one at a time and only when one has been done think about going to the next one taking it in steps. You can make the steps as small as you like then increase at times when your motivated or just need to get more work done.
The real Mr Potato Head
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Post by Captain_Ludd »

I've been doing the breaking big tasks in to smaller one for a little while now and I find it really helps.
Like Alice I've found I set massive goals don't complete them and then get demotivated ,so now I write the whole task down break it down into smaller steps and tick them off as I go.
I find I'm achieving more not only because my tasks are smaller but because I don't tend to get confused so easily.