Back pain and dyspraxia

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

skyrocket
Getting settled in

Back pain and dyspraxia

Post by skyrocket »

Hi does anyone else suffer from back pain with their dyspraxia condition. I have chronic upper back pain and headaches. It causes a great deal of insomnia as it effects other regions of my body - and neural network. My chiropractor tells me it has been caused from poor posture and stiff spinal muscles (Sub-luxes), & general muscle memory - something I have had since a child. Sometimes I can control the pain through heat therapy and stretching. However I think my body moans when it is doing something it is not used to or if I jolt it or I get hyper tense too quickly. Some situations get me down very quickly - coping strategies are great to get me through but more often than not the physical problems seem to linger long after I'm calm again. Anyone with similar problems?
joy
Power poster

Re: Back pain and dyspraxia

Post by joy »

back pain can be a problem for some DYSPRAXICS because of poor posture and muscle tone .I have lower back pain lately.
If you google( back pain with Dyspraxia) tha first thing that comes up click on it it will give you some useful information. I thinkthe web site is( board. asd friendly.org)
joy
Power poster

Post by joy »

It comes under the heading of Dyspraxia,Hypermobility Poor muscle tone hurty legs and back
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

I do suffer from significant discomfort in the muscles and nerves around my neck, shoulder, back, leg and now ankle. I'm more often than not in constant cramp and regular spasm which is increasingly mated to stress tension and anxiety.

I suspect that the Dyspraxia certainly does not help matters, probably compounds them, although it does seem to have given me an extremely high pain threshold as apparently my (private) massage therapist and osteopath/chiropractor are quite "brutal" yet struggle to trigger my pain receptors.

The Doctors at my general practice have been nothing short of useless. I have zero confidence in them hence going to private physio.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
william5
New member - welcome them!

Post by william5 »

skyrocket wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:37 am Hi does anyone else suffer from back pain with their dyspraxia condition. I have chronic upper back pain and headaches. It causes a great deal of insomnia as it effects other regions of my body - and neural network. My chiropractor tells me it has been caused from poor posture and stiff spinal muscles (Sub-luxes), & general muscle memory - something I have had since a child. Sometimes I can control the pain through heat therapy and stretching. However I think my body moans when it is doing something it is not used to or if I jolt it or I get hyper tense too quickly. I [Illegal advertising Iurl removed by Admin] to check some stuff that may help my back pain. Some situations get me down very quickly - coping strategies are great to get me through but more often than not the physical problems seem to linger long after I'm calm again. Anyone with similar problems?
Hello there, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing chronic back pain and headaches. It sounds like you have been dealing with this for a long time, and it is causing a great deal of disruption in your life.

It is possible that your back pain is related to your dyspraxia. Dyspraxia can cause problems with muscle control, coordination, and balance. This can lead to poor posture and tension in the muscles, which can cause pain and discomfort. Heat therapy and stretching can be helpful in relieving pain and tension, but it may not be enough to manage the pain in the long term.

It is also important to look at the underlying causes of your back pain, such as stress or emotional triggers. If you can identify and address the root cause of your pain, it may help to reduce the intensity or frequency of your pain.

If you are struggling to manage your back pain on your own, it might be a good idea to speak to a healthcare professional. They can provide you with more tailored advice and help you develop a plan to manage your pain.

I hope this helps. Best of luck!
Last edited by Tom fod on Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising without prior permission!