Rock concerts

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

calumfsinclair
Regular Poster

Rock concerts

Post by calumfsinclair »

I went to see status quo last night, I knew it would be loud but this was different, I had cotton wool in my ears! Afterwards my mum said that was a quiet concert, but I could barely stand up straight due to the fact my balance had been shaken by the really loud drums. Does anyone else have problems at concerts?
Sticks and stones will break your bones, but more often if your dyspraxic!!!
Shadwell

Re: Rock concerts

Post by Shadwell »

I do, but not quite as much as I used to, like been to the CIA once, and really wanted to get out of there. now I just leave loud music with a sort of drunkeness, but without drinking.

I think the fired the sound technician! as was different going to see Lee Evens on tour. it was loud, but at least we could actually hear Lee Evens over the music which the Sound Technician didn't do on the previous time to the CIA.

but yeah I try to avoid loud noises but at the same time, I can't sit in a totally quiet room either without hearing noise. so usually got some sort of music going on to make background noise.

P.S. going to see Ronan soon so hopefully have the same sound technician as done the Lee Evens gig!!
calumfsinclair
Regular Poster

Post by calumfsinclair »

Sounds great, just remember your cotton wool…you look silly, but it works!
Sticks and stones will break your bones, but more often if your dyspraxic!!!
Tim G
Super poster

Post by Tim G »

I like gigs, concerts etc
Yes its loud and i do like that but only if the music and sound is good (i guess that goes without saying)

But its loud unexpected and distracting noises which does affect me - e.g. lots of people, scremaing babies, people shouting and just genral annoyance that can really make things worse.
The real Mr Potato Head
ichiban-no-hime
Getting settled in

Post by ichiban-no-hime »

I've been to a few; I saw A Day To Remember a couple of summers ago- they're amazing live :3
I've also seen All Time Low and You Me At Six